Accounting Senior Systems & Controls AnalystApply Job ID: R-006199 Date posted: 03/11/2019 Primary Location CA-San Diego
The Senior Accounting Systems & Controls Analyst, reports to the Manager of Accounting Systems and Controls, and is responsible for system administration tasks, managing and implementing system enhancements, streamlining processes, and maintaining and improving the control environment within the Accounting department of LPL Financial Holdings and its subsidiaries.
Ideal Candidate: An individual with an Accounting background who leans more towards the technical side in order to automate and enhance processes for the Accounting team.
- Leveraging existing systems used in Accounting to create efficiencies (Oracle, Cadency, Ariba, Concur, ReconNet, etc.)
- Create, maintain, and provide training to team members on the various Accounting systems
- Building, maintaining, and improving upon various ad-hoc solutions to streamline processes within the group.
- Identifying improvement opportunities and managing improvement requests from the various stakeholders within Accounting and/or Finance
- Promote and develop a continuous improvement culture within the Finance organization.
- Ensuring that the documentation of the control environment, which includes narratives, flow charts, and policies and procedures, are kept current.
- Providing oversight of the change control process within accounting and maintaining a controlled framework for all special projects, ensuring that a consistent approach is maintained in documenting and testing the process and system changes.
- Monitoring new initiatives and projects that impact accounting to ensure that processes, procedures and related controls have been adequately considered and incorporated into any change
- Supporting internal and external audits
- Developing processes and analytics to monitor trends in key areas of financial reporting risk
- Proven track record of process improvements
- Strong Microsoft Excel skills
- Microsoft Access, VBA, and SQL knowledge is a plus
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and activities
- Strong understanding of controls and in ensuring organizational compliance with internal controls over financial reporting
- Strong leadership and management skills, particularly in managing organizational change and process improvement
- Strong interpersonal skills and effective communication skills with the ability to interact effectively with all levels of management and staff
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience is required
- BA/BS degree in Accounting or related field is required
- CPA license or MBA are pluses
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.