Accounting Specialist- Cash ReconciliationsApply Job ID: R-017533 Date posted: 09/10/2021 Primary Location CA-San Diego
LPL Financial (Nasdaq: LPLA) was founded on the principle that the firm should work for the advisor, and not the other way around. Today, LPL is a leader* in the markets we serve, supporting more than 19,000 financial advisors, 800 institution-based investment programs and 450 independent RIA firms nationwide. We are steadfast in our commitment to the advisor-centered model and the belief that Americans deserve access to objective guidance from a financial advisor. At LPL, independence means that advisors have the freedom they deserve to choose the business model, services, and technology resources that allow them to run their perfect practice. And they have the freedom to manage their client relationships, because they know their clients best. Simply put, we take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
The Accounting Specialist is responsible for maintaining the accounting records and systems for customer and corporate cash across LPL Financial Holdings Inc. and its subsidiaries. The position desires someone who can communicate well, and can interact daily with internal and external business partners.
The team is also focused on implementing process improvements to streamline and enhance efficiencies. The ideal candidate will possess excellent communication and organizational skills, and maintain the ability to remain detail-oriented while working in a fast pace environment. The ability to adapt, appropriately take initiative, and assume responsibility is essential for success.
- complete daily BETA and Oracle cash reconciliations
- Complete monthly account reconciliations
- Research outstanding items with the appropriate group for timely application
- Prepare month-end journal entries
- Complete daily cash application
- Prepare check exception report for management review
- Cash Mailbox administration
- Request returned check copies and adjustments from banks
- Provide support to various business units regarding cash accounts
- Prepare daily settlement entries
- Support the quarterly reviews and year-end audits, as well as internal audits
- Work in a team environment, contributing to team goals and meeting obligations and commitments
- Special projects and Ad Hoc requests as assigned
What are we looking for?
We want strong collaborators who can deliver a world-class client experience. We are looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are client-focused, team oriented, and are able to execute in a way that encourages creativity and continuous improvement.
- 2 - 3 years of cash reconciliation experience
- Experience with ReconNet a plus
- Experience with Oracle R12 a plus
- Intermediate level of Microsoft Word and Excel knowledge and experience
- Ability to work under pressure and tight time deadlines
- Ability to work independently and be detail-oriented
- Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to handle multiple tasks
- Strong customer service and communication skills.
- 4-year college degree with a focus in Accounting/Finance/Business preferred
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.