Advisor Institute Program CoordinatorApply Job ID: R-018601 Date posted: 10/13/2021 Primary Location CA-San Diego Other Locations SC-Fort Mill
LPL’s Advisor Institute helps people who aspire to become financial advisors achieve that goal. We offer training programs designed to jumpstart the career of new to the industry candidates so they can make an immediate impact upon joining a sponsoring advisor’s team. Our training professionals help them learn the fundamentals of the business, navigate the logistics of licensing, and provide mentorship along the way to ensure their success. We also offer opportunities to more established advisors committed to life-long learning and upskilling to stay at the top of their game.
But a critical element of Advisor Institute is the oversight and management of the business. A successful candidate will be responsible for helping to ensure the efficiency of all business operations as well as to provide guidance that enhances business performance in a manner which incorporates our vision and makes sure the business’s activities are sustainable and support long-term success.
Support an AVP in optimizing and running all end-to-end business management needs including things such as:
- Ideating and helping to develop an approach to holistic business measurement to gain insight that can be used to enhance internal processes, reporting, etc.
- Helping to codify, organize and manage a data collection, management and use framework that articulates the business’s current state relative to targets or key benchmarks
- Auditing the client and participant onboarding experiences—and identifying areas for improvement or ripe for optimization (e.g. flow, processes, data collection, reporting of, etc.)
- Designing, building and activating new processes and procedures that address business challenges
- Facilitating onboarding (and offboarding) of program participants—gathering, processing and (status) tracking details, such as participant information, agreements, etc.
- Collaborating with various departments to assist with junior advisors in the program
- Tracking and managing vendor relationships (e.g. coordination, contracts, budgeting, billing, etc.)
- Collaborating with trainers to administer program effectiveness assessments and support training and event needs as appropriate (e.g. RSVP management, welcome kits, materials, etc.)
- Responding to general inquiries and facilitating 1:1 conversations about our offering prospects
- Setting, tracking and measuring impact relative to key business goals
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously
What does your success look like in the first 90 days?
In the first 90 days a successful candidate will learn about LPL, the Advisor Institute business, structure and team; get up to speed on our offering and frequently asked questions; immerse themselves in the current business processes, flow and tools—and begin to plug into them; start to help formulate an opinion on the current state of our data and analytics, as well as areas to simplify or improve processes).
What are we looking for?
We are looking for organized candidates who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are results-focused, team oriented, and are able to execute in a thoughtful way that encourages efficiency and continuous improvement.
- The candidate will need to have strong written and verbal communication skills and be highly organized and collaborative—with the ability to engage with multiple stakeholders (internal/external).
- The ideal candidate will have experience in project and/or process management, as well as data and analytics and be able to effectively manage multiple projects at one time.
- This professional must have the ability to streamlineprocesses and create efficiencies.
- A successful candidate will have the ability to monitor, measure and share a snapshot of the current state of business operations—with an eye to highlighting successes as well as areas for improvement.
- Experience in financial services industry, HR, Operations, or related space
- Previous experience in financial services or similar industry a plus
- Experience with Customer Relationship Management (CRM) Systems, Video Conferencing Platforms (WebEx, Teams, Zoom, etc.) and online training delivery technologies
- Proficient in MS PowerPoint, Excel, Word, Outlook, as well as platforms such as SalesForce and online LMS or LXP platforms
- Remote or hybrid if near a brick and mortar location
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.