Advisor Programs & Events ConsultantApply Job ID: R-007409 Date posted: 09/03/2019 Primary Location CA-San Diego
Discover your opportunity with LPL Financial, a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer with over 15,000 financial advisors and over 4000 corporate employees where we respect and appreciate the diversity of our employees, our clients, and the communities we serve.
Our Advisor Programs and Events Team has an amazing opportunity for a Senior Advisor Programs Consultant. This unique role combines skills in critical thinking, communications, training, consulting, and business analytics and program/product design and launch. Individuals in this role are very comfortable collaborating across the organization and with clients, vendors and product sponsors to achieve goals.
What you’ll do
The Advisor Program and Events Team is responsible for identifying Advisor and Institution learning and development opportunities then applying new ideas and innovative techniques to develop high impact products and services that optimize client learning, encourage engagement, deepen client loyalty, drive efficiency and promote business growth.
The Success You Deliver
By utilizing insights from advisors, business partners, the marketplace and competitors, the Advisor Program and Events Team is accountable for designing, testing and iterating on new ideas and hypotheses within the Human Capital organization. As well as the on-going management of existing programs, teaming across the organization, to operationalize and drive adoption. The team also collaborates with Conference Experiences to deliver exceptional learning opportunities at live events for LPL and AXA.
The Empowerment of Your Role
At LPL financial, our work makes a difference. That is why we share a passion for doing it ethically and exceedingly well. Because we have a clear focus and we are empowered to deliver results, we see every day that we are creating something special together. Within the Program and Events team our focus on LPL’s mission and corporate goals, Culture and Community objectives and Advisor Program and Events guiding principles include:
- Commitment to Innovation
- Creation of market-leading client centric products
- Dedication to strengthening advisor/institution loyalty
- Leveraging multiple ways of learning delivery and client networking opportunities
- Contributes to innovation that researches, develops and tests new offerings using a creative and nimble process, which produces results that compete with market trends, achieves ROI, and potentially uncovers revenue opportunities.
- Supports and produces the design and development of new capabilities while considering impact and resources across LPL.
- Demonstrates logical and creative methodology related to the analysis of key business metrics, critical KPIs and learning objectives across multiple initiatives.
- Manages simultaneous activities and projects of various size and scope from start to finish while meeting deadlines and ensuring that activities and projects are completed on time.
- Acts as a product manager by leading product research, development, communication, metrics, on-going assessment, maintenance and enhancements of existing products/programs.
- Works across to organization to plan and execute LPL/AXA conferences and events
- Participates in writing, editing, and curating high quality content across multiple platforms.
The Expertise Were Looking For
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work related experience.
- Strong problem solving, critical thinking and analytical skills and the ability to evaluate opportunities within the context of a larger organization and its objectives.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Aptitude to synthesize raw data into themes and patterns to provide insights and data-driven recommendations.
- Ability to work independently and prioritize many different assignments while delivering quality results in a timely manner.
- Considers various perspectives and new ways of thinking when collaborating with internal and external business partners
- Works with a high level of integrity and displays a professional demeanor with the ability to earn respect and trust of peer groups and executives.
- Ability to present information in front various audiences and present materials across different levels of the organization.
- Proficient working in a team environment, motivating team members and influencing personnel outside of direct organization matrix.
- Highly motivated and reliable self-starter who requires minimal management oversight for daily work responsibilities.
- Comfortable working in a fast paced environment with a high rate of change and ambiguity.
The Skills You Need
- Well versed in various Broker Dealer lines of business including wire house, regional, independent, RIA, institutions and retirement planning firms.
- Deep knowledge of LPL Technology, Operations, Tools and Resources.
- Project or product management experience preferred
- Process improvement experience and/or designations preferred
- Event planning experience preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite with expertise in PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
- Proficient with social media platforms and tools a plus
- Prior experience with copy editing, creating marketing material or drafting a publication
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.