Analyst, Advisor CapitalApply Job ID: R-005985 Date posted: 09/11/2019 Primary Location CA-San Diego
The Analyst will be a part of the Advisor Capital team within LPL’s Finance Division. Advisor Capital is tasked with all aspects of providing capital and pricing to LPL’s advisors for assistance with recruiting, acquisitions, retention and growth initiatives.
This includes financial analysis, underwriting, monitoring, collections and reporting. Strong communication, analytical, strategic thinking and problem-solving skills are needed. The candidate should be able to effectively prioritize while being efficient and accurate. The ability to work within a team, take initiative, show strong attention to detail and be flexible are also requirements.
Roles & Responsibilities:
Financial Analysis – Advisor Asset and Profit Analysis, Transition Assistance Underwriting (30%)
- Review, interpret and verify prospective advisor prior firm financial statements.
- Work closely with internal LPL departments and prospective advisors to determine and document the advisor’s assets under management.
- Conduct financial analysis to determine capital outlay offered to an advisor based on the return and profitability of the assets.
Contract Accommodations & Pricing Financial Analysis (30%)
- Develop knowledge of LPL’s various pricing models, advisor economics and drivers of firm profitability.
- Act as a liaison between multiple LPL departments to ensure all contract accommodations are accurately documented and tracked appropriately.
- Conduct financial analysis to determine economic viability of all pricing requests based on the advisor’s current and projected profitability.
Advisor Receivables and Bad Debt. Analysis and Collection. (30%)
- Track and monitor all current and terminated advisor’s receivable balance to prevent and collect bad debt.
- Analyze types of products most commonly associated with bad debt for reporting and risk prevention.
- Establish payment plans with advisors that have receivables or bad debt balance when needed.
- Develop communication and awareness plan of receivable balances to advisor population.
Ad-hoc analysis, reporting and process improvement (10%)
- Various reporting and analysis.
- Collaborate with management to ensure proper perspective is brought to decision-making.
- Provide feedback on processes, present and implement enhancements as needed.
- Perform other related projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance or related-field
- High level of corporate financial analysis knowledge and problem solving skills
- Strong PC skills (emphasis on Excel and PowerPoint. Salesforce reporting a plus)
- Analyzing, interpreting and presenting financial and operational results through the preparation of various reports
- Ability to perform in a fast paced, high volume, dynamic environment
- Basic knowledge of product, the industry and end investor
- Demonstrated knowledge of LPL platform, products and services a plus
- Experience interacting with advisors and management a plus
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.