Analyst, Business ContinuityApply Job ID: R-004606 Date posted: 10/05/2018 Primary Location CA-San Diego
LPL Financial’s Compliance Legal and Risk group has and opening for an Analyst for Business Continuity team.
The Business Continuity & Recovery team oversees the company's business continuity and disaster recovery programs. This group identifies risks and provides recommendations for enhancing LPL Financial’s technology and business recovery capabilities, ensures company compliance to related rules and regulations, facilitates training, and coordinates response to business continuity and disaster recovery events.
The Analyst for Business Continuity is responsible for developing, integrating or implementing business continuity strategies and solutions. These include: risk assessments, business impact analysis, strategy implementation, testing and documentation of business continuity recovery procedures. This person must be able to comply with applicable regulation and organizational priorities, as well as communicate to high-level executives quickly and succinctly to support timely operations recovery following a business interruption. It will be imperative for this person to work effectively with different business units and corporate functions to asses risk, plan for loss of key dependencies and implement recovery procedures to ensure financial, reputational, legal and regulatory impacts are minimized or eliminated.
- Strong communication skills
- Risk management experience
- Ability to review current business continuity, disaster recovery and crisis management plans
- Ability to create scenarios to re-establish operations from various types of business disruption
- Analyze intelligence data to identify industry trends, patterns and warnings indicating potential threats
- Experience in the business continuity tool, RSA Archer
- Assists or conducts in employee business continuity training programs, as needed
- Understanding RTOs and RPOs
- Strong comprehension of Disaster Recovery Institute (DRI) 10 Professional Practices for Business Continuity
- Ability to implement and execute crisis communication plans
- Expert in MS Excel, Power Point
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3 years’+ experience in Business Continuity
- CBCP, MBCP certification or equivalent
- Effective meeting management skills
- Experienced in incident management
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize and maintain detailed recovery plans and documentation
- Develop and foster partnerships across all business units
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.