Analyst, Client CompensationApply Job ID: R-024825 Date posted: 08/05/2022 Primary Location CA-San Diego
Are you a team player? Are you curious to learn? Are you interested in supporting others as they grow their business? Are you interested in being part of a team that is working to transform and do things differently? If so, LPL Financial is the place for you!
LPL Financial (Nasdaq: LPLA) was founded on the principle that the firm should work for the advisor, and not the other way around. Today, LPL is a leader* in the markets we serve, supporting more than 18,000 financial advisors, 800 institution-based investment programs and 450 independent RIA firms nationwide. We are steadfast in our commitment to the advisor-centered model and the belief that Americans deserve access to personalized guidance from a financial advisor. At LPL, independence means that advisors have the freedom they deserve to choose the business model, services, and technology resources that allow them to run their perfect practice. And they have the freedom to manage their client relationships, because they know their clients best. Simply put, we take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
The Analyst position in Client Compensation, plays a role in support of several key areas across the Client Compensation team. The level of support across these areas will vary based on business need and as such she/he must be self-motivated and have the ability to work effectively with minimal supervision. The Analyst is responsible for research, investigation, and analysis of system functions and transactions to proactively and reactively support our advisors receiving accurate compensation.
This role will require the individual to possess strong organization and analytical skills to model data and lead process analysis/redesign efforts. The analyst must be able to effectively communicate with others and balance workload in a dynamic environment to ensure tasks are completed accurately and timely.
- Help to prioritize projects and initiatives based on management feedback and operations requests and working closely with project leads.
- Interact regularly with user groups to identify and define business requirements; document using LPL standards; Participate in business requirement meetings and document requirements in LPL-standard formats
- Business requirements development and analysis for work orders and projects
- Lead UAT efforts in coordination with our Technology QA Team and in support of control objectives with minimal support from leadership
- Liaison between Business and technology to ensure Business Requirements are correctly captured in technology documentation
- Basic to intermediate SQL Code review and analysis
- BRD and DSD analysis and review
- Test work orders, work order tracking and document requirements
- Support workflow review and enhancement
- Develop initiatives towards process improvements.
- Coordinate communication efforts across client comp for all projects and system enhancements
- Participate in discussions with business process owners to capture and analyze business and technical processes to formulate and develop new and modified business information processes with a combination of automated and manual solutions
- Lead Root cause analysis efforts in support of production and test environment issues
Reporting and Data Analytics
- Participate in data validation and analysis if need be outside of the work being done under Maintenance and Ops.
- Support daily, weekly and monthly reporting when needed.
- Perform complex data analysis and design/develop ad-hoc reports as needed with analyst support
- Interface with internal and external leaders to ensure data accurately reflects reporting needs (in support of Department goals/SLAs)
- SME Data support to external organizations
- Ability to perform research in systems with complex data models
- Identify proper allocation of compensation that requires in depth research
What are we looking for?
We want strong collaborators who can deliver a world-class client experience. We are looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are client-focused, team oriented, and are able to execute in a way that encourages creativity and continuous improvement.
- BA/BS in Business or equivalent experience
- 5+ years financial services Industry experience
- Strong verbal & communication skills
- High energy self-starter; must be able to take the initiative with minimal guidance and be comfortable working independently and as part of a team
- Excellent communication, organization, and time management skills, with ability to multi-task and manage multiple on-going assignments
- Strong quantitative and qualitative analytical skillset for with high attention to detail
- Ability to communicate and work with varying levels of an organization
- 2+ years working with Data Analytics or Business Analysis
- Working knowledge in process improvement methodology (Lean, Agile, Six Sigma, Scrum/Kanban)
- Experience in a commissions/accounting with internal and external audits (SOX, SSAE16, etc)
- Microsoft Office Suite proficiency with advanced excel skills including formulas, macros and pivot tables. creating workflows on Visio
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.