Analyst, Compliance (Onboarding/OBA)Apply Job ID: R-007829 Date posted: 10/07/2019 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations CA-San Diego
We are currently looking to hire an Analyst within the Advisor Review area of the Business Risk Management department within the Compliance, Legal and Risk (CLR) organization. The Advisor Review Analyst is a first line defense function responsible for the review of high risk representatives wishing to join LPL Financial and review of Outside Business Activity and Private Securities Transaction Requests for advisors. The Analyst will work closely with other departments throughout the onboarding process: Recruiting, Branch Development, New Client Onboarding and Registration Services, as well as several departments throughout LPL for existing Advisors.
Specific areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to:
- Review requests for Outside Business Activities & Private Securities Transactions submitted by advisors
- First line supervisory responsibility to conduct due diligence review on high risk registered representatives before they join LPL
- First line supervisory responsibility to conduct due diligence review on Non-Licensed Associates with prior registration histories, Office Sharing Arrangements, Delegations, and Termination Risk Reviews
- Interacts with advisors, business consultants and various internal departments as well as senior levels of management in fully evaluating and communicating compliance determination, as well as, coordination of special projects and investigations
- Works with assigned business units and provides supervisory expertise and consulting for projects and initiatives
- Coordinates high risk profile reviews with the Regional Supervisory Principal in Home Office Supervision
- Identifies suspicious risk profiles and ensures all appropriate information and details are gathered in order to make an appropriate decision
- Assist with regulatory exams and requests as well as assist with other internal investigations and reviews
- Create and analyze departmental metrics to assist to boost overall efficiency and productivity
- Performs other duties and completes ad hoc projects as assigned
- Undergraduate degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or related discipline
- Minimum of 3-5 years industry experience
- Licenses/Certifications Required: Series 7, Series 24 or must pass within 120 days of employment
- Experience with all Microsoft applications, particularly, Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint, SharePoint, and Visio. Familiarity with Salesforce and Oracle a plus
Other Job Duties:
- Ability to work in a fast paced/high volume environment and be flexible with work schedule
- Knowledge of FINRA SEC, and State rules and regulations
- Ability to multi-task, strong attention to detail, excellent problem-solving and follow-up skills are essential for this position
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to make regulatory and risk-based decisions will be necessary to complete the day-to-day functions of the role
- Proactive collaboration and service-based responses with business partners on escalated issues and concerns is essential
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.