Analyst, Data Analysis & ReportingApply Job ID: R-015197 Date posted: 09/30/2021 Primary Location CA-San Diego
The Analyst, Data Analysis & Reporting will support the development and oversight of processes and tools that drive efficiency across a variety of roles within Business Development. This individual will gather and use data insights to help drive related business decisions within Business Development at all levels. The right candidate will be adept at answering business questions with data, developing models that serves business needs, and driving organizational changes using carefully derived methodology.
Strong communication, analytical, strategic thinking and problem-solving skills are needed, along with the ability to be flexible, effectively prioritize and multi-task. The ability to work within a team, take initiative and show strong attention to detail is also a requirement.
Job Description and Responsibilities Include But Are Not Limited To:
- Develop, maintain and improve sales reporting; provide expert level consulting to identify and support Business Development’s reporting and data needs. Develop, own and optimize Business Development reports (e.g. Scorecards, Dashboards, etc.) to drive meaningful business results
- Lead the interpretation of data to identify significant differences, relationships, and trends in data
- Create, edit and refresh process documentation relating to sales reporting and day to day operations
- Identify key data sources—extract data from various databases including Salesforce.com and Discoveryco.com, ensuring the right data points are being used. Understand the different sources and how their data can be used for different applications, including campaigns, recruiter activity, and performance management
- Manipulate and analyze large datasets using features of multiple tools
- Advance the use of complex analytical techniques and statistical thinking across Business Development
- Summarize written findings, publicize results, and participate and share with senior leadership as appropriate
- Work with the sales enablement function to develop goals and objectives for sales effectiveness initiatives
- Serve as an active participant on cross-functional project teams and provide guidance and training to teams in asking appropriate questions, interpreting data, and translating that data into action
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Minimum required: 1-3 years' analyst, operations, and/or advisor service experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Finance or similar preferred
- Advanced to expert level skills with Excel, PowerPoint and Tableau
- Salesforce.com experience a plus
- Problem solving skills that enable efficient identification of issues, structuring and execution of analysis, development of actionable recommendations and implantation of those recommendations
- Ability to present complex information in a clear and concise way; strong analytical skills coupled with strong verbal and written communication
- Ability to manage multiple initiatives at once in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Natural curiosity and grace under pressure
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.