Analyst, Finance (Advisor Capital)Apply Job ID: R-018576 Date posted: 10/12/2021 Primary Location CA-San Diego
LPL Financial (Nasdaq: LPLA) was founded on the principle that the firm should work for the advisor, and not the other way around. Today, LPL is a leader* in the markets we serve, supporting more than 19,000 financial advisors, 800 institution-based investment programs and 450 independent RIA firms nationwide. We are steadfast in our commitment to the advisor-centered model and the belief that Americans deserve access to objective guidance from a financial advisor. At LPL, independence means that advisors have the freedom they deserve to choose the business model, services, and technology resources that allow them to run their perfect practice. And they have the freedom to manage their client relationships, because they know their clients best. Simply put, we take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
The Analyst will be a part of the Advisor Capital team within LPL’s Finance Division. Advisor Capital is tasked with all aspects of providing capital and pricing to LPL’s advisors for assistance with recruiting, acquisitions, retention and growth initiatives. This includes financial analysis, underwriting, monitoring, collections and reporting.
- Financial Analysis – Advisor Asset and Profit Analysis, Transition Assistance Underwriting (60%)
- Review, interpret and verify prospective advisor prior firm financial statements.
- Work closely with internal LPL departments and prospective advisors to determine and document the advisor’s assets under management.
- Conduct financial analysis to determine capital outlay offered to an advisor based on the return and profitability of the assets.
- Contract Accommodations & Pricing Financial Analysis (20%)
- Develop knowledge of LPL’s various pricing models, advisor economics and drivers of firm profitability.
- Act as a liaison between multiple LPL departments to ensure all contract accommodations are accurately documented and tracked appropriately.
- Conduct financial analysis to determine economic viability of all pricing requests based on the advisor’s current and projected profitability.
- Ad-hoc analysis, reporting and process improvement (20%)
- Various reporting and analysis.
- Collaborate with management to ensure proper perspective is brought to decision-making.
- Provide feedback on processes, present and implement enhancements as needed.
- Perform other related projects as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance or related-field
- High level of corporate financial analysis knowledge and problem solving skills
- Strong PC skills (emphasis on Excel and PowerPoint. Salesforce reporting a plus)
- Analyzing, interpreting and presenting financial and operational results through the preparation of various reports
- Ability to perform in a fast paced, high volume, dynamic environment
- Basic knowledge of product, the industry and end investor
- Demonstrated knowledge of LPL platform, products and services a plus
- Experience interacting with advisors and management a plus
- Strong communication, analytical, strategic thinking and problem-solving skills are needed. The candidate should be able to effectively prioritize while being efficient and accurate. The ability to work within a team, take initiative, show strong attention to detail and be flexible are also requirements.
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.