Analyst, FinanceApply Job ID: R-002475 Date posted: 03/15/2018 Primary Location CA-San Diego
Position: Analyst, Finance
Location: San Diego, CA
We are currently looking to hire an Analyst, Finance within the Business Analytics & Reporting team (BAR), part of LPL’s FP&A group. As a trusted business partner, this role will perform critical reporting and analytical functions to help our management team make informed decisions. This position will work with business partners within Finance, and across business units to develop relevant financial metrics and be involved in the continuous design and development of our reporting framework to support short and long term objectives. In addition, this role will play an integral role in supporting Investor Relations during the quarterly earnings release process. The ideal candidate will have a combination of strong business acumen and reporting capabilities to develop and deliver tools and analysis enabling informed and targeted decision making.
The Business Analytics & Reporting team plays an instrumental role in the analysis and reporting of LPL’s financial information and partnering with the company’s business units providing overall financial decision support. This team is integrally involved in financial analysis, development and validation of various financial metrics, including supporting growth initiatives, and forward trend analysis. Lastly, this group is tasked with the reporting of financial information in various forms including but not limited to monthly executive packages, board of director presentations, budget summaries, and sales & asset reporting.
• Prepare recurring reporting with a high degree of accuracy and on a timely manner
• Help with the preparation of presentations and reporting to senior management
• Support our Investor Relations partners during the quarterly earnings release process
• Support completion of periodic surveys submitted externally
• Updating Hyperion with monthly, quarterly and annual financial metrics
• Identify high-level conceptual process improvements within the existing Hyperion application
• Recognizing system inefficiencies and implementing effective solutions
• Ad hoc analysis, modeling, and additional responsibilities as required
• Effective communication, presentation and writing skills
• Strong knowledge of financial reporting processes
• MS Excel and PowerPoint proficiency
• Experience with enterprise systems and reporting tools a definite plus (OBIEE, OFA, Hyperion or other reporting tools)
• Detail oriented with insight to determine applicability of big picture analysis
• Ability to work comfortably with incomplete information and deal with ambiguity in a fast-paced environment
• Ability to work within a team, take the initiative and show strong attention to detail is critical
• Ability to take initiative and create concise and decision supporting analysis is essential
• Proactive problem solver, expected to present problems and recommendations simultaneously
• Positive attitude, commitment to excellence and integrity
• High level of motivation and initiative
• BA/BS degree in Finance, Business, or Economics (or a related discipline) is preferred.
• 3 years finance/analytics related experience, professional services experience preferred
LPL Financial, the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer since 1996* and the fourth largest broker/dealer overall, serves as an enabling partner to more than 14,000 independent financial advisors and approximately 700 financial institutions. Since its formation decades ago, LPL has focused on one primary mission -- enabling independent financial advisors to bring objective and un-biased financial advice to millions of Americans.
Headquartered in Boston, San Diego, and Fort Mill, and powered by more than 3,300 client-centric employees, LPL is financially strong and growing.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.