Analyst, HR TechnologyApply Job ID: R-004834 Date posted: 10/23/2018 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations CA-San Diego
The LMS Administrator plays an integral part in leading our efforts to configure and optimize our learning management system to help “inspire and educate” more than 17,000 learners.
Serve as the subject matter expert on all things related to online learning including: liaising with the LMS vendor on enhancements and upgrades, testing and loading of learning assets and curriculums, design and generation of learning reports and flawless troubleshooting of technical and configuration issues for both desktop and mobile devices. Preferred additional knowledge in HTML and SharePoint workflows to assist in design, layout of landing pages, and intake process is a plus.
Reporting to the AVP, HR Technology you will work closely with multiple teams across the firm including HR Shared Services, Learning & Development, Governance Risk & Compliance, and Institution Services, supporting a 4 billion dollar company and the nation’s largest independent broker-dealer with over 3,000 staff and 14,000 financial advisors.
- Provide learning management system (LMS) training and support to all levels of LMS users.
- Manage the configuration and implementation of upgrades to the LMS.
- Develop, implement, and maintain data governance standards and processes in accordance with HR Technology team principles, including bi-monthly user and annual privileged recertification audits.
- Create and maintain user profiles including security groups and access privileges.
- Perform course uploads for both instructor led and e-learning courses (e.g., SCORM, AICC, video) and enable assessments and feedback surveys.
- Coordinate mass course enrollments and manage automatic enrollments to required courses.
- Develop and maintain a course and curriculum naming convention, versioning and archiving system.
- Run system reports and develop custom reports to meet stakeholder needs.
- Insure the accuracy and integrity of data entered into the learning management system; investigate and resolve any data or system inconsistencies or discrepancies.
- Maintain accurate user data and trigger courseware maintenance reviews.
- Perform all duties required for e-learning content launch, including course upload, testing, assignment, and provide support for internally produced as well as 3rd party course content.
- Maintain relationships and contracts with 3rd party online learning vendors (e.g., Skillsoft, Harvard ManageMentor) and LPL’s internal help desk(s).
- Support the business, as required, with home page widget customization/design and end user communications.
- Develop and maintain system integrations with other company systems (e.g., Workday, Oracle).
- Stay informed regarding vendor product releases, educate stakeholders and coordinate related tasks across Human Capital and other key stakeholder teams (e.g., CET).
Other Job Duties:
1. Build and maintain effective partnerships across Human Capital organization and LPL management
2. Other duties as assigned
Minimum Education Required: Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources (or equivalent experience)
- 1-3 years of experience administering a Learning Management System and implementing and configuring LMS systems in a corporate environment
- Curriculum management experience is required
- Ability to document and articulate system workflows and functionality is required
- Experience with reporting and reporting systems is required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience managing digital assets, databases, web design and portals is preferred
- Preferred knowledge in HTML and SharePoint Designer(workflows) a plus
- Comprehensively meticulous: You have steadfast attention to detail, documenting everything, leaving nothing to chance, while understanding what warrants your immediate attention and what can wait until tomorrow or next week.
- An experienced organizer: You’re skilled at juggling multiple priorities while keeping everyone and everything on track without missing a step.
- Driven by results: You are conscientious and persistent about performing timely, high-quality, crucial tasks and never hesitate to ask for more when you are done.
- Relationship builder: You are a master at building genuine relationships with people at all levels inside and outside of an organization. Regardless of your client’s personality type, you easily establish a warm relationship, building an effective network around you.
- Intellectually curious: You’re a lifelong learner; you analyze things and dissect them to see how they work, then figure out how to improve them.
Possible career path for this position:
1) Sr. Analyst, HR Technology 2) AVP, HR Technology
NOTE: This job description is meant to describe the general nature and typical job functions of this position and is not intended to be construed as a comprehensive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills of this job. LPL Financial reserves the right to modify/revise this job description to meet the ongoing needs of the organization and/or reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis.
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.