Analyst, Investor RelationsApply Job ID: R-007434 Date posted: 08/14/2019 Primary Location CA-San Diego
The Investor Relations (IR) team at LPL Financial focuses on building strong relationships with the investment and sell-side research communities by enhancing understand of LPL’s unique model and long-term investment potential. The IR team works closely with the company’s CEO, CFO, and executive leadership to communicate the company’s strategy and business and financial results. The IR team also provides an investor lens on management decisions and serves as a gatekeeper for external information.
The Analyst will support and participate in all aspects of Investor Relations. Responsibilities include supporting shareholder, sell-side research, and market and competitive analysis, as well as assisting in preparation for key corporate events such as the company’s quarterly earnings release and investor conferences. The Analyst will also develop collaborative relationships across the organization to gain a deep understanding of our business and the insights and trends that are relevant to the investment community.
The ideal candidate for this role will have strong analytical and communication skills along with natural curiosity and a desire to go the extra mile. This position offers valuable experience with a leading financial services company and the opportunity to interact closely with senior leadership. The IR team is part of LPL’s Finance organization.
- Support competitive analysis, intelligence, and reporting
- Manage key internal reports and executive communications
- Collaborate with internal teams across the company on ad hoc projects
- Analyze company performance to develop investor perspectives and potential messaging
- Assist in developing investor presentations and supporting materials for quarterly earnings, conferences, and other events
- Help senior leadership prepare for quarterly earnings and external events
- Help manage relationships with investors and sell-side analysts
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 1-3 years prior work experience in finance, investment banking, equity research, or consulting a strong plus
- Strong analytical and research skills
- Strong communication, collaboration, and writing skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Self-motivated with strong work ethic
- Ability to manage and prioritize across multiple projects and adapt in real-time
- Strong proficiency in Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.