Analyst - Liquidity & Succession PlanningApply Job ID: R-024693 Date posted: 07/27/2022 Primary Location CA-San Diego Other Locations SC-Fort Mill
Are you passionate about serving clients, adding value, and improving process/systems? Are you solution-oriented and passionate about delivering results? Do you like thinking outside the box, learning new skills and problem solving? If so, LPL Financial is the place for you!
Excited to learn more? If so, then this could be the role for you!
LPL Financial (Nasdaq: LPLA) was founded on the principle that the firm should work for the advisor, and not the other way around. Today, LPL is a leader* in the markets we serve, supporting more than 18,000 financial advisors, 800 institution-based investment programs and 450 independent RIA firms nationwide. We are steadfast in our commitment to the advisor-centered model and the belief that Americans deserve access to personalized guidance from a financial advisor. At LPL, independence means that advisors have the freedom they deserve to choose the business model, services, and technology resources that allow them to run their perfect practice. And they have the freedom to manage their client relationships, because they know their clients best. Simply put, we take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
The Analyst role will aide in the design, documentation, implementation and ongoing support functions of advisor transitions through our Liquidity & Sales division. The ideal candidate will have an understanding of data analysis, project management, reporting tools as well as strong technical skills to effectively analyze business requirements, track project status, and translate business/regulatory needs. This candidate will also need strong interpersonal, organization and communication skills
- Deliver effective communication of project and initiative expectations, as well as progress and issues to key stakeholders on a consistent basis.
- Drive data automation initiatives with Alteryx application
- Point out patterns, divergence from patterns; identifies opportunity and risk based on process mapping or data sets.
- Create new and improve existing analytic approaches to solve complexity and process simplification creatively.
- Collaborate with the PAR Reporting Team to develop reports, metrics to track progress, verbal and written communications summarizing key findings as it relates to conversions.
- Monitor progress and work with business unit owners to ensure timely completion of tasks for conversions.
- Use data analysis to help develop a more proactive and anticipatory approach to conversions by identifying areas for improvement, creating frameworks and providing structured support to business owners.
- Work with all levels of management with the appropriate level of detail to solve problems.
- Identify and champion innovative process automation and robotics for improved analytics and reporting through the conversion process.
What are we looking for?
We want strong collaborators who can deliver a world-class client experience. We are looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are client-focused, team oriented, and are able to execute in a way that encourages creativity and continuous improvement.
- 3+ years of related professional experience in financial services, preferably in operations or trading.
- Proven ability to prioritize, lead and multi-task in a fast paced, ever changing environment.
- Handle pressure well; you will be working with the senior team on advancing initiatives based on the data and analysis you provide.
- Personable and reliable self-starter who requires minimal management oversight for day-to-day work responsibilities
- Strong attention to detail with a pro-active approach to solving and preventing problem
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to interact effectively with internal and external contacts
- Ability to use various tools and techniques for research and analysis
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Beta experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree
- Proficient in Alteryx, SQL, Microsoft applications, particularly, WORD, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Advanced Excel and other data analytical skills strongly preferred.
- Lean Six Sigma
- Agile experience
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.