Analyst, New AccountsApply Job ID: R-002249 Date posted: 02/12/2018 Primary Location CA-San Diego
The analyst position is responsible for assisting the Assistant Vice President within New Accounts department of STO (Service, Trading, & Operations) in monitoring and reporting on operational controls and processes for closed accounts. This role requires the individual to have a deep understanding of operational processes, dependencies, and control points. The role also requires analysis of operational processes and makes recommendations to reduce overall risk. The ideal candidate will have a strong attention to detail, excellent verbal and written skills, and be a team player with a positive attitude.
• Monitoring and oversight of account status indicators and various restrictions
• Review new requests to close accounts
• Monitoring of existing closed accounts by running queries and reports
• Follow up with advisors and other operations departments to resolve any remaining balances or positions and reopening the account if needed
• Proactively identifying open accounts that are no longer active and meet the definition of a closed account and closing those accounts
• Identify advisory accounts that have been termed and applying the terminated indicator on the account
• Using BETA Smarterm macros and Excel macros to update missing closed account indicators
• Reviewing of accounts that have been closed but reopened to determine the cause
• Perform and monitor account maintenance on closed accounts such as address changes
• Answer calls from service and other operations groups regarding closed and terminated accounts as well as other types of restrictions as needed
• Create and maintain standard operating procedures
• Be a leader on the team by seeking continuous process improvements
• Evaluate trends, identify gaps in processes, and report risks to upper management.
• Assisting with other new accounts projects and initiatives as needed
• Bachelor’s degree in business or finance; other degrees will be considered
• 3-5 years of experience, preferably in the financial/banking industry
• Experience with BETA encouraged
• Experience with creating and running macros is advantageous
• Communication skills are essential
• Self-motivated with close attention to detail and organizational skills
• Interest in being involved in projects in a singular or team environment
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office products, specifically Excel and Access
• Ability to handle multiple projects, software and tasks at any given time
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
• Comfort with presenting reports and analytics to all levels of senior management
• Advanced skills with Access and SQL development
• VBA development experience a plus
• Series 7 preferred; Series 24 a plus
LPL Financial, the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer since 1996* and the fourth largest broker/dealer overall, serves as an enabling partner to more than 14,000 independent financial advisors and approximately 700 financial institutions. Since its formation decades ago, LPL has focused on one primary mission -- enabling independent financial advisors to bring objective and un-biased financial advice to millions of Americans.
Headquartered in Boston, San Diego, and Fort Mill, and powered by more than 3,300 client-centric employees, LPL is financially strong and growing.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.