Analyst, OperationsApply Job ID: R-005284 Date posted: 01/07/2019 Primary Location CA-San Diego
The ideal candidate will need a solid understanding of data analysis and models, function and process models, project management, and reporting tools and technology in general to effectively analyze business requirements, track project status, and translate business needs into technical requirements. The analyst will also need strong interpersonal, organization and communication skills (written and verbal) to be effective in the role. Person must be able to work in high stress environment in order to support delivery of Client Compensation projects and related department initiatives.
- Interact regularly with user groups to identify and define business requirements; document using LPL standards
- Assist and participate in business requirement meetings and document requirements in LPL-standard formats
- Engage in business process analysis and re-engineering, with an understanding of technical problems and solutions as they relate to the current and future business environment.
- Gather and document business requirements and review functional specifications of technology solutions prepared by the technology organization to ensure they align with business requirements
- Change Management of new processes, preparing and executing training and providing awareness to all the Client Compensation areas.
- Ensure that UAT is being conducted and backup is documented and stored in line with our control objectives
- Participates in value stream analysis, 5 Why’s analysis, brainstorming sessions, etc. to identify root causes of challenges identified
- Designs or assists in design of new processes, develops process performance measures and plans the transition to a new process.
- Facilitates discussions with business process owners to capture and analyze business and technical processes to formulate and develop new and modified business information processes with a combination of automated and manual solutions.
- Demonstrated proficiency in leading business process improvements that deliver significant value
- Ability to manage multiple ongoing engagements
- Ability to build strong working relationships
- Strong presentation and team facilitation skills
- BA/BS in Business, preferred
- Participated in large technology and/or process improvement efforts
- 5 years financial services Industry experience required
- Experience in a commissions/accounting department preferred
- Exceptional ability to collect, analyze and interpret both qualitative and quantitative data
- Proven ability to communicate and work with all levels of an organization
- Strong skills and knowledge in project management tools and applications
- High energy self-starter; must be able to take the initiative with minimal guidance and be comfortable working both as an individual and as part of a team
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Excellent interpersonal, influence and analytical skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Effective organizational and time management skills, with ability to multi-task, and manage multiple on-going assignments.
- Excellent PC Skills, including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Outlook.
- Ability to work well under pressure.
We offer an excellent salary and benefits package. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.