Analyst, OperationsApply Job ID: R-008109 Date posted: 11/14/2019 Primary Location CA-San Diego
The Analyst, Advisory Operations/Advisory Billing, provides problem-solving, reporting, project and training support to their respective team and department required processes. The Analyst maintains operational procedures, provides reporting, project testing and support and task efficiencies.
- Must have the ability to communicate complex issues both in writing and verbally to management and internal/external vendors and customers. Must be able to provide oversight of existing processes and mitigate risk against future firm impact.
- Subject matter expert on operational policies and procedures with a primary focus on the overall Advisory Billing process and related processes
- Oversee the review, reconciliation and supervisory control of data and provide detail-level analysis to external clients while meeting service level agreements.
- Documents quality issues, performance measures and quality improvements for management review.
- Ensures proper application of and compliance with internal and regulatory standards, guidelines and procedures.
- Collaborate with subject matter experts to obtain key job knowledge that will help meet the specific business needs. Research complex situations and define the actions necessary to resolve the situation.
- Project testing and implementation
- Support leadership on multiple and possibly overlapping projects.
- Ability to take on new challenges
- Reengineer existing processes for improved experience and accuracy.
- Demonstrates the ability to collaborate across the firm and in meetings.
- Prioritization of solution implementation based on reputational, regulatory and financial risk
- Ability to independently manage deliverables related to multiple projects
- Coordination with internal and external team members to implement or support ongoing processes
- Process change management including updating and maintaining department controls and procedures.
- Reengineer existing processes to increase efficiency
- Ability to meet strict deadlines with minimal supervision in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to analyze information and strong reporting skills
- Ability to handle escalated items timely and accurately, while creating a great experience for our customers
- 3+ years in the brokerage and financial services industry
- Project coordination experience is a plus
- Strong understanding of Advisory Products, Centrally Managed Platforms and other LPL products.
- Knowledgeable in portfolio and investment sleeve transaction accounting and reconciliation
- Knowledgeable in Advisory Billing and other LPL Advisory Products.
- Working understanding around Client Compensation
- Working knowledge of Word, Outlook, Visio and PowerPoint
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with a keen attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to perform under pressure
- Strong customer service skills
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience required
- FINRA licensing a plus
- Microsoft Office Suite required; BETA, Documentum and Portia preferred
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.