Analyst, OperationsApply Job ID: R-003113 Date posted: 07/10/2018 Primary Location CA-San Diego
Analyst, Performance & Data Recon
Our Analyst in Performance & Data Recon is a team expert responsible for designing, implementing and supporting new technology solutions related to enterprise data and performance reporting. The Analyst is knowledgeable in relational databases as well as data management including analysis, architecture and modeling. In addition, the Analyst possesses the ability to design advanced Microsoft SQL scripts used for data analysis, performance reporting, process improvements and reporting used for strategic planning. Other duties include supporting UAT through the use of application lifecycle management software, maintaining technical documents and collaborating with outside vendors and sponsors to improve data quality. The Analyst must possess excellent prioritization skills and should be comfortable working in an agile environment.
- Support manager/or AVP on multiple and possibly overlapping projects
- Defect identification, remediation and regression testing
- Root cause analysis of production and test environment issues
- Ability to identify patterns in data and activity then apply multiple parameter filters through MS Access, SQL Studio and various proprietary applications
- Trend/impact analysis
- Business Intelligence tool reporting to make strategic decisions
- Solution implementation with management direction
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Economics or similar
- 5+ years in the brokerage and financial services industry
- FINRA licensing a plus
- Strong understanding of managing investment performance data
- Understanding of time-weighted and money-weighted performance calculations and the purpose of each in a portfolio reporting environment
- Knowledgeable in portfolio and investment sleeve transaction accounting and reconciliation
- Knowledgeable in a wide range of investments, including but not limited to; mutual funds, fixed income products, options, common stocks and annuities
- Highly advanced skills with Access and SQL development to support extremely complicated applications with complete end to end control of the software development lifecycle
- Project coordination experience desired
- Working knowledge of Word, Outlook, Visio and PowerPoint
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with a keen attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to perform under pressure
- Strong customer service skills
- VBA development experience a plus
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.