Analyst, OverlayApply Job ID: R-004070 Date posted: 08/21/2018 Primary Location CA-San Diego
· The Overlay Analyst (OA) participates in the development, management and execution of the Overlay Portfolio Management Group (OPMG) processes as they relate to the rebalancing, trading, and day to day management of LPL Financial's Centrally Managed Platforms including Advisor Sleeve. In addition, the OA develops and maintains regular and adhoc reports that allow the OPM and other senior LPL Financial managers to better monitor and understand the drivers of the Centrally Managed Platforms Including Advisor Sleeve.
· While working within a team-oriented environment, the OA should also be able to work independently on implementing the OPMG's processes, with a particular focus on efficiences and risk management. The OA is expected to have the willingness and ability to develop the knowledge to proactively propose improvements to the group's Policies & Procedures and Risk Management practices. Strong analytical skills, "Out of the box" thinking, and the willingness to challenge existing processes is essential.
· Implements the OPMG's processes with a focus on increasing efficiencies and reducing risk.
· Works on analyzing and reporting on platform activity and communicates findings.
· Participates in leading the daily investment/rebalance process to ensure the accuracy of data input and analyzes output.
· Monitors individual client accounts or groups of accounts to ensure accurate, timely, and proper allocation to corresponding models.
· Works with participating asset managers to ensure smooth communications and timely and accurate exchange of information
· Works with LPL Financial's Research, Advisory, Technology and Operations groups to ensure proper communication and smooth workflows.
· Documents and maintains information critical on investment decisions
· Monitors accounts for compliance with business rules, restrictions and/or client customization requests
· Monitors corporate actions and reorganizations for their timely and accurate implementation
· Reviews, approves and uploads model security portfolios submitted by LPL Financial’s Research Group and/or external investment managers and strategists.
· Provides exemplary customer service by acting as a primary contact between OPMG and external/internal business partners.
· Bachelor's Degree in Finance, Accounting, Engineering
· 3 to 5 years portfolio administration, portfolio management, investment operations or trading areas
· Series 7/63 (must be acquired within 90 days of hiring); progress toward or plans to pursue MBA/CFA highly desirable.
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.