Analyst, Performance & Data ReconApply Job ID: R-015018 Date posted: 06/01/2021 Primary Location CA-San Diego
Analyst, Performance & Data Recon
Our Analyst in Performance & Data Recon is a team expert responsible for designing, implementing and supporting technology solutions related to LPL’s Client Reporting software. The Analyst is knowledgeable in relational databases as well as data management including analysis, architecture and modeling. In addition, the Analyst possesses the ability to design Microsoft SQL scripts used for root cause analysis, process improvements and large-scale data remediation. Other duties include user acceptance testing for Client Reporting, maintaining technical documents and collaborating with outside vendors, sponsors and internal partners to improve data quality and reduce risk. The Analyst must possess excellent prioritization skills and should be comfortable working in an agile environment.
- Support manager/or AVP on multiple and possibly overlapping projects
- Defect identification, remediation and regression testing
- Root cause analysis of production and test environment issues
- Ability to identify patterns in data and activity then apply multiple parameter filters through MS Access, SQL Studio and various proprietary applications
- Trend/impact analysis
- Business Intelligence tool reporting to make strategic decisions
- Solution implementation with management direction
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Economics or similar
- 5+ years in the brokerage and financial services industry
- FINRA licensing a plus
- JIRA experience
- Strong understanding of managing investment performance data
- Understanding of time-weighted and money-weighted performance calculations and the purpose of each in a portfolio reporting environment
- Knowledgeable in portfolio and investment sleeve transaction accounting and reconciliation
- Knowledgeable in a wide range of investments, including but not limited to; mutual funds, fixed income products, options, common stocks and annuities
- Highly advanced skills with Access and SQL development to support extremely complicated applications with complete end to end control of the software development lifecycle
- Project coordination experience desired
- Working knowledge of Word, Outlook, Visio and PowerPoint
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with a keen attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to perform under pressure
- Strong customer service skills
- VBA development experience a plus
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.