Analyst, Platform StrategyApply Job ID: R-004552 Date posted: 09/20/2018 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations CA-San Diego
The Product Management team within LPL’s Investor & Investment Solutions (IIS) group is responsible for delivering a highly competitive set of investment solutions. This includes the platform and product offering, pricing, advisor/client access to solutions, and promotional activities. The team’s goal from an investment product management perspective is to enhance our advisors’ and investors’ experience while helping to improve our firm’s economic and risk profiles.
This role will support the Platform Strategy group which is a high-impact, high-visibility team that plays a critical role by providing the roadmap for innovation for our centrally managed platforms (unified managed account (UMA), Separately Managed Account (SMA) and advisor-enhanced digital advice platform (robo),along with the design and development of advisor/client access to solutions through platform technologies. The specific technologies along the advisory continuum extend from planning and proposal generation systems to performance reporting and billing. The team is responsible for sourcing strategies, acting as a clearinghouse for ideas generated throughout the firm, developing the strategies, communicating findings to senior management and to the broader organization and driving recommendations through to implementation and results.
This role will be focused on developing deep understanding of our advisor needs and developing competitive intelligence to understand product trends. The role will leverage financial analysis, modeling and market analysis to strategically influence proposed platform offerings and features. This role is highly collaborative within the Platform Strategy group and across the organization and will require participation in cross-functional teams to successfully accomplish goals. The ideal candidate will excel at cultivating and maintaining partnerships. A preferred candidate would also have an understanding of the market landscape for platform technologies, including where the industry is trending and innovating.
The position requires an energetic candidate with a financial services background who can think independently, thrive in a fast-paced team environment, creatively problem-solve, connect various thoughts, observations and results to develop innovative solutions and new insights that drive to an improved offering. This role requires the ability to operate in partnership with other teams within IIS and Finance, Service/Trading, Operations and Legal/Risk teams in order to maximize the team’s value add to the organization.
The specific job duties include:
- Gathering competitive analysis for key strategic initiative projects
- Working with finance to build financial analysis to help navigate strategic options
- Partnering across the firm to get information on roadblocks in Technology, Finance, Service/Trading, Operations and Legal/Risk
- Building presentations and delivering findings to leadership
- Subject Matter Expert to internal sales and consulting teams to field client inquiries
- Bachelor’s degree required; advanced degrees preferred
- 3+ years business experience; investment product/platform experience preferred
- Knowledgeable on the advisory landscape, specifically UMAs and future state platforms including familiarity with competition (broker-dealers, TAMPs, etc.), platform/ product trends and regulation.
- Platform management or operational experience associated with evaluating dynamic decisions and contributing towards recommendations that enhance the product offering
- Ability to interact effectively with business partners leveraging strong interpersonal and written communication skills
- Strong PowerPoint and presentation skills preferred.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and deliver quality outcomes within short timeframes.
- Energy, enthusiasm, strong work ethic.
- Must demonstrate a strong business and financial acumen.
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.