Analyst, ResearchApply Job ID: R-004525 Date posted: 09/20/2018 Primary Location CA-San Diego
LPL Financial Research is a 50+ person team that provides market, investment, and portfolio advice to our independent advisors. Our mission is to be a trusted partner to our advisors who provide investors with choices to help meet their financial goals. In this endeavor, our sole motivation is to provide solid due diligence, investment strategy and portfolio management advice — as a partner for those advisors who manage client assets themselves or as a portfolio manager for those advisors who want to leverage our experience. Due to the LPL Financial scale and position, our Research team has direct access to the best active and passive managers in the industry. We combine this access with proprietary quantitative, fundamental and technical research strategies to proactively invest for our advisors and their clients.
The Research Analyst will work with portfolio managers in the LPL Research Department to analyze and better understand current portfolio holdings and to help identify future investment opportunities. The individual will need to have strong knowledge of the financial markets, excellent analytical skills and be proficient with Microsoft Office. Responsibilities will require portfolio analysis in Excel, written commentaries in Word, and presentation material in PowerPoint.
In addition, the Research Analyst should have experience with databases including Bloomberg, FactSet and Morningstar. As a result, the position necessitates an individual with strong financial market acumen, solid analytical skills and an ability to write concisely and under the pressure of deadlines for portfolio updates.
The Candidate will ideally possess the following competencies and attributes:
- Approximately three years of experience within the financial services industry;
- Strong analytical skills with experience in financial markets
- Expertise working with Bloomberg, Factset and Microsoft office
- Experience working with frequent deadlines
- Superior communications skills, both verbal and written;
- Ability to clearly explain and discuss financial information to different audiences;
- Flexibility to work in a results-oriented, fast-paced and growing environment, while establishing priorities and meeting goals
- High ethical standards and a strong work ethic;
- Desire to contribute to the success and growth of an organization;
- Interest in continued development of analytics to measure effectiveness of team’s efforts;
- Financial industry or service-related certifications are a plus;
- FINRA Series 7 and 63 preferred (if not already held, passing exams to obtain licenses will be required soon after hiring);
- A bachelor's degree and MBA/CFA candidate is preferred
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.