Analyst, SurveillanceApply Job ID: R-014981 Date posted: 11/10/2021 Primary Location CA-San Diego Other Locations SC-Fort Mill
The Analyst, Surveillance will be part of a dynamic team that is responsible for performing sales practice trend and pattern research and trade-related surveillance in accordance with federal, state, and industry regulations as part of LPL’s Surveillance Program.
What will you do?
• Review exception reports to detect and address potential sales practice and related supervisory concerns within the firms brokerage and advisory platforms, including active trading, switching, account concentrations, account losses, and other concerning patterns displayed in end-client account activity in a variety of products.
• Perform comprehensive risk reviews and sales practice investigations of a complex and highly sensitive nature:
- Synthesize and assess the “risk profiles” (business mix, sales practices, disciplinary history, customer complaints, supervisory record, etc.) of advisors and OSJs;
- Investigate specific instances of questionable sales activity or deficient supervision
- Recommend an appropriate level of oversight or corrective action to management and the firm’s respective risk management committees
• Proactively identify potential issues and lead staff initiatives to improve and streamline surveillance procedures.
• Perform other duties as assigned, including occasional special projects, account-related research, creation of management reporting, etc.
• Maintain awareness of industry news, and changes in the business or regulatory landscape, firm policies, and departmental processes
Please note: Additional responsibilities or duties may be assigned to you as needed or determined.
What does your success look like in the first 90 days?
With the support of team members and management, we would expect to see the following in the first 90 days:
• An engaged professional who is asking the right questions, and collaborating with colleagues.
• A display of critical thinking; understanding the complexity of the assigned tasks while being able to “stop and consider the big picture.”
• An ability to navigate LPL systems and access information.
• The ability to work independently and meet deadlines in an ever-changing environment.
What are we looking for?
We want strong collaborators who can deliver a world-class client experience. We are looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are client focused, team oriented, and are able to execute in a way that encourages creativity and continuous improvement
What skills, experiences, and education are required?
• Bachelor’s Degree and 3-5+ years of relevant experience required.
• In depth knowledge of SEC, FINRA and other SRO rules; advanced understanding and awareness of legal and regulatory landscape are all required.
• Securities licenses strongly preferred (Series 7, Series 24).
• Strong analytical skills with experience in performing complex research, reviews and investigations; ability to communicate findings and results with solid written, verbal and presentation skills.
• Proficiency in all Microsoft applications, most notably in Excel, Access and SharePoint
The Compliance, Legal & Risk (CLR) team is focused on delivering an industry-leading client service and risk management experience by providing advisors and our internal business partners with proactive guidance, advice, advocacy and consultative partnerships
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.