Annuity and Insurance Product ManagerApply Job ID: R-014901 Date posted: 05/25/2021 Primary Location CA-San Diego Other Locations TX-Austin , MA-Boston , SC-Fort Mill
The Annuity and Insurance Product Management team is seeking a highly motivated individual to join the team as an Assistant Vice President. The Investment Product Management team within LPL’s Wealth Management Solutions group is responsible for delivering a highly competitive set of investment solutions. We are the business owner for our products and act as the hub for the supporting various units across the firm. This includes the product offering, pricing, advisor/client access to solutions, and promotional activities. Product managers are responsible for understanding and explaining all business aspects of our products and must collaborate with various business units across the firm. The team’s goals are to leverage the strengths of our existing model, enhance the strategic capabilities we offer our advisors and execute with excellence.
The ideal candidate is someone who has experience in the annuity and insurance industry, has a strong foundational knowledge of how these products work, is eager to learn and work hard to help us achieve our goals, and someone who wants to grow and develop with our team.
- Develop and maintain resources to help both internal teams and advisors become familiar with and stay up to date on products and features
- Work in collaboration across multiple functions and channels, building effective business partnerships and relationships amongst teams across the firm
- Review, analyze and present products and product changes to Product Review Committee as part of the due diligence process
- Lead product onboarding and launch efforts from start to finish
- Craft and coordinate communication plans for both firm initiatives related to product and product or contract changes
- Partner with product sponsors to accomplish the firm’s objectives
- Project coordinator to help support and keep team initiatives on task
- A Bachelor's degree with a minimum of 7 years of experience in the financial services industry
- Series 6 or 7 license preferred
- Health and life insurance license preferred
- Strong knowledge of annuity and insurance products
- Strong relationship management skills
- Strong problem solving and strategic thinking skills
- Experience and confidence in engaging with advisors
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Effective time and priority management
- Must be skilled in Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel
This position is ideally based in either San Diego, CA or Fort Mill, SC. This position reports to VP, Annuity and Insurance Product Management
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.