AP SpecialistApply Job ID: R-005745 Date posted: 01/28/2019 Primary Location CA-San Diego
Accounts Payable Specialist
Experience: 2-5 years of experience in a corporate environment with relevant Accounts Payable experience
Reports To: Accounts Payable Manager
The Accounts Payable Specialist will assist in the day-to-day operations of the Accounts Payable team. This position reports to the Accounts Payable Manager located in the San Diego office and works closely with our procurement group, internal business unit customers, and our external suppliers.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Manually data enter invoices and disbursement requests
- Reconcile invoices against purchase orders
- Reconcile vendor statements
- Assist in month end accrual preparation
- Special projects as assigned
- Ad Hoc requests as assigned by manager
Skills and Attributes:
- 4-year degree in Accounting preferred but not required
- Ability prioritize and to multi-task in a fast paced environment
- Ability to handle confidential information in a discreet, professional manner
- Ability to work with little or remote supervision
- Ability to deliver accurate results in a high quality manner
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to be an effective team member and display initiative
- Proficient with MS Office Suite of Applications
- Oracle R12 and/or Ariba experience a plus
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.