Application Platform Engineer, Technology OpsApply Job ID: R-001089 Date posted: 10/10/2017 Primary Location CA-San Diego
We are currently looking to hire an Application Platform Engineer. The engineer will be responsible for maintaining and supporting some of our application platforms.
- Interpret business requirements, create technical artifacts, and determine the most efficient/appropriate solution design
- Be involved with design of application platform components that are standards based, highly performant, highly available, and comply with operational standards and procedures
- Monitoring and alerting for application platforms
- Maintaining documentation for use in internal/external audits.
- Collaborate closely with other operations, network, system, platform engineering and application development teams.
- Availability for on-call support for critical issues.
- Participation in root cause analysis.
- Ensuring technological compliance with all best common practices, standard operating procedures, and corporate goals.
- Troubleshooting of issues to resolution of any problems with application platforms in all environments
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Engineering, or another technical field
- Minimum of three years of experience with application platforms and messaging integration
- Excellent documentation and communication skills.
- Strong hands-on experience with Application Integration architecture, including Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) and Messaging Systems
- Experience with API management and ESB design/configuration
- Understanding of Load Balancing and Fault Tolerant concepts
- Powershell/Bash scripting experience
- Good working knowledge of Tibco EMS or other JMS based messaging systems
- Experience with SQL Server or other RDBMS
- Configuration of Monitoring Systems
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and ability to perform in depth root cause analysis
LPL Financial, the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer since 1996* and the fourth largest broker/dealer overall, serves as an enabling partner to more than 14,000 independent financial advisors and approximately 700 financial institutions. Since its formation decades ago, LPL has focused on one primary mission -- enabling independent financial advisors to bring objective and un-biased financial advice to millions of Americans.
Headquartered in Boston, San Diego, and Fort Mill, and powered by more than 3,300 client-centric employees, LPL is financially strong and growing.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.