Assistant Vice President, Lead Generation Team – Business Development Advisor RecruitingApply Job ID: R-005758 Date posted: 04/05/2019 Primary Location CA-San Diego
The Assistant Vice President of the Lead Generation team will be responsible for ongoing training and coaching of staff while executing internal recruiting strategies required to support the recruiting efforts of LPL’s Business Development team. This individual will lead a team of Business Development Associates whose primary role is to source new recruit meetings through cold calling prospecting efforts.
- Responsible for daily management and coaching to a team of Business Development Associates engaged in cold calling prospective advisors
- Train and educate internal recruiting staff on the art and science of recruiting including ongoing role playing exercises
- Monitor outbound call metrics and provide daily reporting of activities to management
- Continuously look for ways to improve productivity and increase yield on outbound prospecting calls.
- Take an active lead in planning semi-annual sales workshops for internal recruiting staff
- Become proficient in Salesforce in order to build reports and dashboards to provide efficiency to the sales team
- Minimum Experience Required: 3-5 years sales experience in the Financial Services industry
- Minimum Education Required: Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Business Administration or related field of study
- Prior management or sales coaching experience required
- Series 7 and 66 preferred
- Prior experience as a Financial Advisor, Wholesaler our Outbound Sales Desk Manager is ideal
- Strong leadership experience and business acumen required
- Ability to understand and clearly articulate LPL’s business model, product platforms, pricing and various affiliation models
- Have a strong understanding of competitor intelligence and the ability to strategically apply that knowledge to recruiting efforts
- Exceptional knowledge of all Microsoft applications: Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Word. Familiarity with Salesforce is a plus.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills are required.
- Ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple priorities in a fast paced sales environment
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.