Assoc Generalist, Employee RltnsApply Job ID: R-002074 Date posted: 01/09/2018 Primary Location CA-San Diego
The Employee Relations Associate will provide administrative support to the Employee Relations Team and will be responsible for answering non-complex questions, and escalating issues as appropriate. This role will help ensure a fair and consistent approach and response aligned with company practices, policies, procedures and legal requirements.
- This person will work independently as well as in a team-oriented environment, exercising confidentiality, discretion and judgment within the Human Capital department and with LPL Financial employees.
- Responsible for HR Analytics and Quarterly Dashboard reporting.
- Assists with implementing Human Capital and other Administrative policies and procedures, responding to employee’s inquiries regarding policies, procedures and programs and promotes understanding and compliance by all employees.
- Acts as the LPL liaison with the vendor on all Leave of Absence cases. Responsible for the leave of absence administration.
- Facilitates any Unemployment Insurance claim appeals hearings.
- Assists in the implementation and maintenance of the ER case management system.
- Other duties and projects may be assigned to meet business needs.
- High school degree required, Bachelors’ degree preferred; or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 1-2 years of HR Employee Relations and related HR Generalist experience in the area of leave of absences.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to establish rapport with employees at all levels.
- Must have intermediate computer skills in excel and PowerPoint.
- Must be able to work well independently with minimal supervision and have the initiative to carry out assigned projects to completion.
- Ability to maintain confidential and sensitive information.
- Ability to listen and ascertain the needs and concerns of employees and to timely and accurately communicate information concerning processes, policies and procedures.
LPL Financial, the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer since 1996* and the fourth largest broker/dealer overall, serves as an enabling partner to more than 14,000 independent financial advisors and approximately 700 financial institutions. Since its formation decades ago, LPL has focused on one primary mission -- enabling independent financial advisors to bring objective and un-biased financial advice to millions of Americans.
Headquartered in Boston, San Diego, and Fort Mill, and powered by more than 3,300 client-centric employees, LPL is financially strong and growing.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.