Assoc Service ConsultantApply Job ID: R-001755 Date posted: 11/22/2017 Primary Location CA-San Diego
Provide outstanding customer service by assisting senior level advisors and their staff with commission inquiries and issues in a busy Client Compensation Service call center environment. This position is a key customer facing role best suited for the career service professional.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities
- Actively participate in onboarding the customer (including providing input into how best the advisor’s organization should be set up), perform quality control checks on advisor setups, and provide ongoing Client Compensation training and support.
- Become familiar with the client organization’s unique operating challenges to more fully tailor the service experience to meet expectations. Proactively coordinate and communicate with multiple departments to ensure a smooth transition experience.
- Answer inbound customer service calls in call center environment, taking calls from assigned program managers, advisors, and their staff.
- Perform limited processing of operational transactions as necessary (zero batches, general adjustments). Provide specialized reports as requested.
- Perform research and detailed analysis on compensation issues, coordinating with BTS, Direct Business, and other key business groups as needed to resolve.
- Act as an “owner” of all issues, managing others as needed to achieve a timely and comprehensive solution; communicating as necessary with Commissions Mgmt, Transitions, Service 360, and others.
- If the client desires, hold monthly meetings to go over outstanding issues and training
- Provide regular feedback to the Client Compensation Service Management team to improve both the advisor experience and operational efficiencies
- Assist as front line escalation contact for Client Compensation service associates
- Assist on the general service line as needed
- Regularly exercise excellent business judgment; research and resolve advisor issues
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills required.
- Minimum Experience required: Prior brokerage operations or financial service call center experience. Must have excellent communication skills, especially telephone service/relationship management skills.
- Software/Systems Skills Required/Preferred: Proficient in BranchNet, BETA, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Access and Powerpoint. Must have excellent PC and data input skills. Familiarity with Oracle and Siebel strongly recommended.
- Project Management and or Data Analysis skills a plus; Problem solving skills and attributes
- Positive, customer focused attitude and demeanor with a desire to provide outstanding service
- Problem solving skills and attributes
- Ability to work effectively within a team environment
- Accurate with attention to detail
LPL Financial, the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer since 1996* and the fourth largest broker/dealer overall, serves as an enabling partner to more than 14,000 independent financial advisors and approximately 700 financial institutions. Since its formation decades ago, LPL has focused on one primary mission -- enabling independent financial advisors to bring objective and un-biased financial advice to millions of Americans.
Headquartered in Boston, San Diego, and Fort Mill, and powered by more than 3,300 client-centric employees, LPL is financially strong and growing.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.