Associate AccountantApply Job ID: R-006326 Date posted: 03/27/2019 Primary Location CA-San Diego
The Associate Accountant is a key position in the Controllership group and will report to a Manager of Revenue Accounting. The Associate Accountant will be responsible for maintaining the accounting records and providing accounting support and analysis for Accounts Receivable and Revenue transactions of LPL Investment Holdings and its subsidiaries. The Associate Accountant will assist in implementing process improvements to help the team streamline and enhance efficiencies, promote the analysis and communication of results and provide proactive customer service.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Assist in the monthly closing process, including the preparation and review of journal entries, flux analysis, and other review activities
- Prepare balance sheet reconciliations
- Support financial statement consolidations for actual, plan and reforecast information
- Support quarterly and year-end financial reporting and audit deliverables
- Identify and participate in the execution of key Sox Controls
- Manage processes and controls related to Revenue Accounting and Receivables
- Ad hoc requests as determined by management
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and activities and adapt to change
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Basic understanding of internal controls
- Effective communication skills and the ability to interact effectively with all levels of management and work in a team-oriented environment
- Ability to effectively collaborate well across business functions
- BA/BS degree in Accounting or related fields
- Experience in public accounting and broker-dealers preferred
- Strong attention to detail and demonstrated ability to multi-task are essential
- Excellent computer skills including intermediate/advanced Excel and Access proficiency. VBA or SQL proficiency is a plus
- Experience working with Oracle and Excel Spreadsheet Server a plus
- CPA license a plus
- Minimum of 1-2 years of relevant professional experience
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.