Associate Analyst, Business managementApply Job ID: R-004880 Date posted: 05/15/2019 Primary Location CA-San Diego
LPL Financial is currently seeking an experienced data analyst with excellent communication skills. The candidate must have experience at reviewing massive amounts of data, finding patterns, anomalies and communicating those findings in concise, clear and easy to understand formats that the STO Leadership team can use to form action plans. You will assist in the development of recommendations by synthesizing data from multiple sources, identifying opportunities to improve processes and adviser experience and developing reports where needed to drive business insights and strategy development. In this position, you will strategize with the team to create solutions with a focus data driven action-oriented intelligence. Our ideal candidate has the strong communications skills required to succeed as part of a dynamic cross-functional team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Analyze data including Call Center metrics, Operational Metrics and Voice of Client feedback, Speech Analytics etc.
- Develop reporting, verbal and written communications on regular basis of key findings.
- Develop new and better analytics approaches to solve questions in a creative way
- Deliver key insights with interpretation and recommendation, contributes to the development of hypotheses and actions and presents them to management team
- Interpret data, summarize information and present findings.
- Point out patterns, divergence from patterns; identify opportunity and risk based on data set.
- Work with all levels on management with the appropriate level of detail to solve problems
- Leverage data visualization to assist in telling the story for various areas of the business.
- Mine and analyze internal data sets to help stakeholders develop action plans and / or draw conclusions.
- Support peers and stakeholders as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) through analysis of results.
- Recommend improvement to current processes and work to find efficiencies by applying industry best practices as an experienced Business Analyst.
- Create and manage reports in reporting systems including Tableau and other BI tools
- Identify and champion innovative technologies for improved analytics and reporting.
- Work with the Technology team maintain Speech Analytics system accuracy
- Comprehend different data relationships and exhibit the ability to extract information from key data sources
- Construct formal documents in PowerPoint and Excel to articulate the approach as well as all stages of assessments and evaluations.
- Perform Ad-hoc data analysis to facilitate business decision-making analytics.
- Assist in data gathering and organization to further complex reporting and analytics.
The ideal candidate will have experience and interest in the financial services industry and the desire to apply logical and analytical reasoning towards reporting and analytics. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
In addition to being highly organized, key characteristics of the ideal candidate include:
Education and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Economics, Finance, Statistics, or similar required
- Experience with tools such as SQL Server, Tableau, , VBA and R
- Highly proficient with MS Excel, including pivot tables and complex logic-based formulas
- Ability to create PowerPoint decks to share findings
- Experience in a fast moving, entrepreneurial environment.
- Driven individual, always seeking to improve and grow a plus.
- Handle pressure well; you will be working with the senior team on advancing initiatives based on data and analysis you provide.
- Customer service and / or operations knowledge or experience is a plus
- Process Improvement experience preferred
Required Skills and Abilities
- Experience with using Tableau to aggregate and analyze data collected from various sources
- Experience with the Microsoft program suite
- Trusted to work independently with stakeholders at all levels
- Demonstrated ability to interact with and influence senior leaders for decision making purposes
- Ability to execute projects and tasks with minimal guidance and supervision
- Ability to present complex information in a clear and concise way
- Ability to evaluate and provide solutions to complex situations and problems
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent data gathering, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent process management and problem solving skills.
- Very strong analytical skills coupled with effective verbal and written communication ability
- Business Analysis: 3 years
- Tableau: 1-3 years
- Data Analysis: 3 years
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.