Associate Analyst - Corporate ActionsApply Job ID: R-022884 Date posted: 04/29/2022 Primary Location CA-San Diego Other Locations SC-Fort Mill , KS-Overland Park
Are you interested in working in meaningful projects? Do you want to work with cutting-edge technology? Are you interested in being part of a team that is working to transform and do things differently? If so, LPL Financial is the place for you!
LPL Financial (Nasdaq: LPLA) was founded on the principle that the firm should work for the advisor, and not the other way around. Today, LPL is a leader* in the markets we serve, supporting more than 18,000 financial advisors, 800 institution-based investment programs and 450 independent RIA firms nationwide. We are steadfast in our commitment to the advisor-centered model and the belief that Americans deserve access to personalized guidance from a financial advisor. At LPL, independence means that advisors have the freedom they deserve to choose the business model, services, and technology resources that allow them to run their perfect practice. And they have the freedom to manage their client relationships, because they know their clients best. Simply put, we take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
The Corporate Action team comprises of dividends, reorg, money market, proxies, and restricted security functionalities. The ideal candidate will need to aide in the daily processing, implementation and ongoing support for corporate action products. Have an understanding of data analysis, and reporting tools and technology in general to effectively analyze business requirements, track project status, and translate business needs into technical requirements. The candidate will also need strong interpersonal, organization and communication skills (written and verbal) to be effective in the role.
- Manage daily processing tasks
- Reconcile and analyze reports. Responsible for daily quality control, managing error rates, exception review processing and daily reporting.
- Analytical skills to reconcile suspense accounts and validate transactions to ensure compliance with corporate and regulatory policies and procedures.
- Review complex voluntary offers and summarize terms and key information to communicate with advisors.
- Communicate with other STO departments as well as external contrabrokers to resolve issues, broker and ACAT fails, or submit claims.
- Research and escalate allocation issues to our domestic and foreign depositaries.
- Research restricted stock certificates with various 3rd parties including; Transfer Agents, Issuers, Legal Counsels and others to determine requirements and eligibility for restriction removals and re-registrations.
- Answer inbound calls from advisor and service team. Research and process service requests that are created by service teams.
- Support and contribute toward the successful execution of projects and initiatives that support LPL’s priorities. Participate in UAT and scripts writing.
- Leverage technology to automate manual work and simplify processes where feasible to create a highly scalable, flexible, and efficient infrastructure.
- Develop risk based mitigation approaches that may yield changes to functions, and departmental requirements.
- Understand and Interpret rule modifications in an ever changing regulatory environment, and understand the business needs of LPL, our advisors, and other departments
- Developing quality service standards and processes to create a consistent service experience
- Handle escalations by both the Service Center and Advisors
- Other assignments as required by Management
What are we looking for?
The ideal candidate will have a client-first customer service oriented mind-set from a financial background, with strong attention to detail, problem-solving skills, and excellent verbal and written abilities. Candidate will be able to contribute positively to a team-focused environment, driving both growth and innovation.
- 3-5 years of industry experience (preferably corporate actions) in Operations
- Knowledge of legal and regulatory environment provided by Federal Regulators (SEC), Self-Regulatory Organizations (FINRA) and State Regulatory Departments
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced environment with multiple priorities
- Ability to work with and communicate effectively to various levels throughout the organization.
- Ability to learn multiple aspects of the Financial Services industry and understand how it all connects
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Personable and reliable self-starter who requires minimal management oversight for day-to-day work responsibilities
- Strong attention to detail with a pro-active approach to solving and preventing problems
- Series 7
- All Microsoft applications, particularly, VISIO, WORD, ACCESS, PowerPoint and Excel (VBA)
- Access database
- Bachelor Degree
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.