Associate Analyst, Performance & Data ReconApply Job ID: R-017966 Date posted: 10/12/2021 Primary Location CA-San Diego
The Associate Analyst is a team member responsible for supporting investment transaction accounting, position reconciliation for the purpose of accurate reporting. The reporting includes advisor/client reporting, firm-level financial reporting and risk reporting. The specialist is knowledgeable in transactions, securities, pricing, reconciling and account valuation with the use of various systems including Portia, BETA, Access, Excel and other internal supporting applications. The specialist is experienced with investment data and able to resolve discrepancies by working with internal business units and external parties such as mutual fund companies, alternative investment sponsors, variable annuity carriers and DTCC.
- Conversion support for Performance data migrated to LPL.
- Transaction accounting to analyze investment activity exceptions for proper posting into the portfolio accounting systems.
- Perform cash and positions reconciliation which includes identifying, analyzing and correcting transaction to position breaks.
- Data flow management and quality control to ensure all investment data is processed into downstream systems.
- Validating corporate actions transaction posting
- Work effectively and efficiently with other business units (internal and external) to resolve investment data related issues
- Troubleshoot reconciliation and performance issues reported by advisors, including BETA and Portia
- Gather metrics and create reports to support trend analysis and RPMs
- Summarize, expense and report unresolved discrepancies to Risk Management and the LPL Finance department.
- Assist with projects to develop both client facing and internal applications
- Update and maintain department procedures
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Economics or similar
- 2+ years in the brokerage and financial services industry
- Exceptional customer service skills
- Preferred experience in a call center environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Understanding of managing investment performance data
- Knowledgeable in a wide range of investments, including but not limited to; mutual funds, fixed income products, options, common stocks and annuities
- Strong problem solving skills with a keen attention to detail
- Ability to perform under pressure in a team-oriented environment
- FINRA licensing a plus
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.