Associate Analyst, StrategyApply Job ID: R-008528 Date posted: 01/08/2020 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations CA-San Diego
Associate Analyst, Analytics, Reporting and Consulting
LPL Financial is looking to hire an Associate Analyst for our Analytics, Reporting and Consulting group within our Compliance, Legal and Risk Division. This is a full time position located at our San Diego or our Fort Mill corporate office.
The ideal candidate will assist in developing, maintaining and compiling data and metrics, as well as supporting business management for the Compliance, Legal, and Risk (CLR) organization. The position requires strong analytical, communication, and organizational skills, along with technical reporting knowledge to deliver tools and analysis that drives continuous improvement. The associate analyst will assist in collection and synthesis of data from various sources, develop reporting to drive insights and strategy for CLR leadership. In addition, the ideal candidate is someone who is proactive, dynamic, likes to be involved and is confident liaising at all levels of the firm.
- Proactively seek out problems, point out patterns, and identify actionable solutions by leveraging existing data for various CLR departments and CLR leadership
- Create new and manage existing spreadsheets, reports, dashboards, and other ad hoc related projects using Excel, PowerPoint, Tableau, and other tools
- Build cross-functional relationships across the CLR organization to enable lines of business to run more efficiently using data to tell the story and measure impacts
- Proactively work with the various CLR departments to outline specific data needs and ensure data compiled and reported is both comprehensive and accurate
- Support the Analytics, Report, and Consulting team with various ad hoc projects for CLR leadership
- Participate in the continuous improvement of existing processes
- At least 1 year of data analysis experience. Finance related experience preferred
- Minimum of a Bachelor's degree or equivalent in business or related field
- Must be proactive, self-driven, and have the ability to “make things happen” in a fast-paced environment
- Problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint; knowledge of Tableau preferred
- Effective interpersonal and writing skills
- Detail oriented with insight to determine applicability of big picture analysis
- Ability to work alone without major guidance as well as a strong team player
- Project Management skills (formal or informal) preferred
- Positive attitude, commitment to excellence and integrity
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.