Associate Business Analyst (Forms)Apply Job ID: R-005627 Date posted: 05/07/2019 Primary Location CA-San Diego
LPL Financial is looking for an Associate Business Analyst with above average technical abilities, as well as superb customer service skills, to help manage its client facing RIA eSignature Program. The role is responsible for developing and maintaining custom forms and their User Interface questions in various systems, in addition to managing the relationship and competing business needs for over 300 client offices. The role requires excellent communication skills (verbal and written) to effectively communicate with internal business partners, as well as external clients, at all levels. The ability to effectively set timeline and form requirement expectations, as well as handle escalated customer service situations with skill and ease, is critical. This role will report to the Vice President of Service, Trading, and Operations’ Information Management department.
The Associate Analyst's role is to support the forms life cycle process for the RIA eSignature program and collaborate with more experienced colleagues on more complex assignments.
- Support management of program enrollments, incoming forms requests, and the program’s overall pipeline and publishing release calendar
- Discuss form business requirements and corresponding technology capabilities with external clients
- Follow documented procedures and design guidelines to edit forms using Adobe Pro
- Perform data mapping to align complex business rules to the appropriate .PDF form fields within a forms administration software
- Perform thorough quality control and user acceptance testing in conjunction with the data mapping and forms development process. Assist in troubleshooting defects
- Problem solve and suggest alternatives when creative solutions are required. Make independent decisions after considering options on low impact issues
- Think about the “big picture” to recognize, act, and plan for all the moving parts of the program, including anticipating the consequences of shifting priorities and form deadlines
- Build strong internal relationships and collaborate effectively with team members to meet aggressive timelines
- Act as a forms business liaison with our internal Technology partners. Discuss creative technology solutions and/or system enhancements with Programmers
- Actively participate and/or lead program and/or business process meetings
- Bachelor’s degree
- 1-3 years of relevant working experience in forms design, business/data/system analysis, project management, or customer service
- Proficient in all Microsoft applications required (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word, Outlook), with a strong emphasis on Excel. Familiarity with Adobe Pro or Adobe LiveCycle is preferred
- Strong technical mindset with proven ability of learning new systems and engaging with programmers and technology focused personnel
- Excellent communication (written/verbal) and strong presentation skills, with the ability to defuse difficult customer service interactions
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to dive deep to determine root cause of an issue and the willingness to challenge the norm and think outside the box
- Commitment to quality and attention to detail is required with a comfort in repetitive tasks
- Goal-oriented, self-directed individual who can work independently and in a team setting
- Project/time management skills with the ability to effectively organize and prioritize to meet deadlines and balance multiple high-priority assignments simultaneously
- Enthusiastic, positive, teachable attitude. Must be adaptable and have the ability to react nimbly to continued changes in goals
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.