Associate Client Compensation ConsultantApply Job ID: R-016576 Date posted: 07/26/2021 Primary Location CA-San Diego Other Locations SC-Fort Mill
Do you have a passion for a “Customer-Centric” approach?
Would you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and have a desire to help customers by making it easy to do business with us…if so, this is your opportunity to be part of a great team.
Joining our team as Associate Client CompensationConsultant will allow you to support financial advisors by offering an extraordinary service experience. Our service team’s main priority is to create a reliable support system for our financial advisors so they can easily grow their practice. This position is a key role best suited for adaptive, detail-oriented individuals who have a passion for learning and taking care of our advisors so that they can take care of their clients.
What you’ll do
Provide Level 2 support for complex issues and supporting Advisors and Business Partners on compensation activities during onboarding of new Advisors and Succession Planning (book of business transitions). Perform various tasks with one overriding goal, to create a reliable support system for our financial advisors so they can easily sustain and grow their practice. This includes;
- Assume ownership of complex situations, set expectations, and take appropriate actions to resolve inquiries in a timely manner such as initiating outbound calls and emails to third-party sponsors and carriers
- Educate and consult with advisors and their staff on the use of technology and reports to increase efficiencies
- Proactive outreach to advisors on time sensitive activities such as billing events, tax season prep, etc.
- Support teammates and the department on other compensation tasks and activities such as training and backup to frontline staff
- Assist with initiatives to improve and enhance the Advisor experience while positively impacting the broader LPL organization
What are we looking for?
We want strong collaborators who can deliver a world-class advisor experience. We are looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are advisor-focused, team-oriented, and can execute in a way that encourages creativity and continuous improvement.
What skills, experiences, and education are required?
- 3 years or more experience or comparable in customer service w/in the financial services or insurance industry
- Strong customer focus, excellent verbal and written communication skills, a strong work ethic, and extremely organized
- MS Office experience, with proficiency in Excel
- Bachelor's Degree preferred
- FINRA SIE or higher license preferred
Other preferred skills and education?
- Self-motivated and adaptive to fast-paced, changing environments
- Use industry and functional knowledge to explain complex information clearly and simply while building productive relationships along the way
- Highly responsive to coaching & training
- Ability to work well individually and as part of team
- Proactively identify solutions to help improve advisors’ service experience and gain efficiencies
- Partnering with team members to achieve outstanding results as you are continuously growing and learning to enhance your expertise
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.