Associate Communication ConsultantApply Job ID: R-001860 Date posted: 11/28/2017 Primary Location CA-San Diego
The Information Management Assoc. Communication Consultant position is responsible for developing and maintaining internal content for Service, Trading, and Operations’ (ST0) knowledgebase, iKnow, as well as advisor facing content on the Resource Center. Key activities will include: writing and editing content/procedures/communications that support the goal of delivering accurate, timely, and consistent information to our customers. This position requires excellent communication skills (verbal and written), as they will be required to collaborate with multiple parties to collect, analyze, and interpret data to ultimately take complex information and simplify it for different audiences. The individual will work with various department Subject Matter Experts (SMEs), managers, and AVPs within STO. An analytical mindset, as well as a strong attention to detail is a must.
- Follow documented procedures and design guidelines to write and edit high quality internal and external content within multiple software solutions (Moxie, Adobe Experience Manager)
- Collect, analyze, interpret, and break down information to enable readers to quickly and accurately answer their inquiry
- Collaborate with multiple parties and build strong internal relationships to support the importance of knowledge/information management
- Participate in the peer review quality control process, focused on content structure, grammar, and accuracy of information
- Independently manage assignments and SLAs from daily pipeline, working with moderate supervision and asking thoughtful questions
- Assist in UAT of content management systems, test script creation, and troubleshooting defects
- Actively participate, and at times lead, project and/or business process meetings
- Bachelor’s degree (Communications, Management Information Systems, or English preferred)
- Experience working as a Technical Writer, Communications/Marketing associate, or LPL Service Professional/Operations Associate with experience researching, analyzing, writing, and reviewing content preferred
- Software/Systems Skills Required/Preferred: Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Adobe Acrobat Professional. Working knowledge of content management systems preferred; Adobe Experience Manager (AEM) is a plus
- Soft Skills Required/Preferred: Must possess exceptional written and oral communication skills, including proper grammar, and attention to detail with a keen eye for website design is preferred.
- Enthusiastic, positive, teachable attitude. Team player, comfortable with fast paced, changing environment and ambiguity
- Requires flexibility under pressure, the ability to manage multiple high-priority assignments simultaneously
- Ability to quickly learn on the job and to be self-paced and organized to meet deadlines
LPL Financial, the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer since 1996* and the fourth largest broker/dealer overall, serves as an enabling partner to more than 14,000 independent financial advisors and approximately 700 financial institutions. Since its formation decades ago, LPL has focused on one primary mission -- enabling independent financial advisors to bring objective and un-biased financial advice to millions of Americans.
Headquartered in Boston, San Diego, and Fort Mill, and powered by more than 3,300 client-centric employees, LPL is financially strong and growing.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.