Associate Data Analytics Auditor (Entry Level)Apply Job ID: R-006176 Date posted: 03/13/2019 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations CA-San Diego
Associate Data Analytics Auditor
The Associate Data Analytics Auditor will be responsible for providing data analytics support to the Internal Audit department. The ideal candidate will have a growing interest in data, analytics, and learning the practical application of each in a business environment. The individual in this role will be primarily responsible for executing audits detecting data/logic issues. The work performed will also include creation and maintenance of key department tools and reporting. The essential functions include but are not limited to the following:
Perform data exploration, mining, and analytics using Computer Assisted Auditing Tools (CAAT), Tableau, R, Excel or other data analytics tools, with direction from team members.
- Independently analyze data to determine trends, variances, and inconsistencies.
- Communicate the progress, findings, and results of assigned test work to the senior DA Team members in a timely manner.
- Understand and follow Internal Audit methodologies as well as IIA standards.
- Collaborate with management and audit colleagues to provide analytics support to overall audit department activities.
- Complete assigned ad hoc projects timely, accurately, and professionally.
- Maintain and enhance professional skill level through on-going education and training activities to support company needs.
- Required: Undergraduate degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Statistics, Business, Accounting, Finance or related discipline
- Required: Understanding of basic programming concepts
- Excellent business writing skills, with proven experience
- 0-2 years minimum work experience developing data analytics routines or models
- Experience in some or all of the following: SQL, Alteryx, Tableau, VBA, R, Python
- Preferred: Internal or External Audit Experience
- Preferred: General understanding of financial services (e.g., Broker/Dealer or RIA)
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.