Associate Engineer, Technology OpsApply Job ID: R-000215 Date posted: 01/12/2018 Primary Location CA-San Diego
Position Summary:Desktop Support Level 2
This position assists customers, end users and operating staff with technical support of computers, applications, and related technology. Interaction with multiple levels of end users, managers, VIPs and local technical staff is required. Support includes specification, installation, and testing of computer systems and peripherals within established standards and guidelines. Activities require interaction with application software and operating systems to diagnose and resolve unique, non-recurring problems.
Duties include (but are not limited to):
- Accurately test, identify, repair, resolve, and document end user technical issues for basic desktop/laptop/workstation support, basic connectivity support (wired and wireless), PDAs, and basic printer support.
- Troubleshoot and resolve software issues. Install, configure, reconfigure or reinstall desktop software including remote support.
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot Windows based operating systems, Microsoft Office and Internet browsers.
- Install, configure, and troubleshoot MAC/Apple based operating systems and proprietary applications.
- Reimage computers/hard drives in accordance with standards.
- Perform Move, Add, Change function including installation and decommission.
- Back up and restore settings and associated systems administration activities
- Take ownership of issues from end-to-end to reach a resolution for all appropriate requests and incidents.
- Provide basic first level troubleshooting for IP Phone related issues.
- Categorize and prioritize end user support requests and service requests by utilizing ticketing system to track tickets and provide up-to-date status and information.
- Perform asset inventory activities as needed.
- Train and orient staff on use of hardware and software.
- Recommend and / or perform upgrades on systems as required.
- At least 2 years of experience in the field or in a related area required
- Strong Microsoft Office skills (Outlook, Word, and Excel)
- Strong Microsoft operating System installation and troubleshooting skills
- Strong Break / Fix skills Desktops, Workstations, Notebooks and Printers
- Broad experience in IT related services with basic understanding of Networks, Intel
- Servers and Telecoms
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to provide consistent, excellent customer support to entire staff, representing a variety of personalities and management levels
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be detail oriented and self-motivated
- Rotational On-call for executive support
- Ability to perform in a dynamic environment with changing schedules and priorities.
- Ability to handle heavy volume of equipment deployments and Incidents.
- Physical ability to lift 30-50lbs daily
- Self-motivated and willingness to adapt to different roles within Desktop Support services.
- Possesses a friendly, can-do attitude.
LPL Financial, the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer since 1996* and the fourth largest broker/dealer overall, serves as an enabling partner to more than 14,000 independent financial advisors and approximately 700 financial institutions. Since its formation decades ago, LPL has focused on one primary mission -- enabling independent financial advisors to bring objective and un-biased financial advice to millions of Americans.
Headquartered in Boston, San Diego, and Fort Mill, and powered by more than 3,300 client-centric employees, LPL is financially strong and growing.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.