Associate Marketing ConsultantApply Job ID: R-010025 Date posted: 05/20/2020 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations CA-San Diego
As a core team member of the Marketing Consulting team, the Associate Marketing Consultant is dedicated to supporting all advisors with a superior client experience as they call in with their marketing questions and needs. The Associate Marketing Consultant will provide advisors with the information, answers, and resources that will help them better market and grow their business via the marketing programs, offerings, and content provided on the LPL’s client facing portals. The Associate Marketing Consultant will help to identify trends and gaps based on Marketing Consulting conversations and contacts.
This position will report to an AVP of Marketing, and will work directly with other team members of the Marketing Consulting team.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide the best client experience to all who call or email MSC with questions and needs by fully answering their questions and meeting their needs efficiently and with correct information the first time
- Source content and/or information from within LPL to ensure that all questions and emails are answered correctly and efficiently
- Act as an expert in all LPL marketing tools and resources available to advisors and institutions
- Provide guidance on approved third-party tools and resources available to support advisors’ marketing efforts
- Source or create marketing content to help advisors market their business
- Conduct basic marketing consultations
- Provide demos of marketing tools and resources
- Present demos and best practices on the Advisor University webinar series
- Participate in Home Office Visits in support of LPL’s recruiting efforts
- Participate on LinkedIn and Twitter on behalf of the Marketing Consulting team and in support of our advisors’ interest in continuous learning and best practices
- Attend industry and LPL Financial conferences, as appropriate
- Track and report on key performance indicators
- Work on marketing projects as needed
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, English, Communication, Journalism or a related field required (Finance or Economics minor is helpful to understand our industry)
- Prior marketing experience, knowledge of digital marketing and social media required
- Basic graphic design skills are a plus
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft Office required (Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, and Word)
- A self-starter, proactive
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Experienced collaborator, strong attention to detail, independent and critical decision maker
- Resourceful with the ability to work autonomously but also contribute and work well on teams, collaborative, enthusiastic and positive attitude
- Works well in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 4,200 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2019, based on total revenue.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.