AVP, Advisor M&AApply Job ID: R-006933 Date posted: 06/21/2019 Primary Location CA-San Diego
LPL Financial is seeking a strong applicant to join our team as a member of our Advisor Financial Solutions department to be part of our Advisor M&A team. As the Assistant Vice President of Advisor M&A, you will help guide our advisors through the execution of M&A Transactions.
The Advisor M&A group is in the process of building an end-to-end platform for our advisors to access during M&A transactions and will play an instrumental role as the advisor's point person through out the lifecycle of a deal.
- Execution of Advisor M&A Transactions
- Working with VP to develop Advisor M&A execution platform and maintain efficient processes
- Leverage technology to automate manual work and simplify processes where feasible to create a highly scalable, flexible, and efficient infrastructure.
- Interfacing with business unit counterparts to address specific needs of advisors
- Producing metrics to illustrate team’s efficiency and effectiveness
- Creating reporting and analysis to drive business decisions
- Handle escalations by both internal business partners and our Advisors
- Ad-hoc analysis, financial modeling, and additional responsibilities as required
- Effective communication, presentation and writing skills
- MS Excel and PowerPoint expert
- Experience with CRM tools such as Salesforce is a plus
- Detail oriented with insight to determine applicability of big picture analysis
- Ability to work comfortably with incomplete information and deal with ambiguity in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work within a team, take the initiative and show strong attention to detail is critical
- Ability to create concise and decision supporting analysis is essential
- Proactive problem solver, expected to present problems and recommendations simultaneously
- Positive attitude, commitment to excellence and integrity
- Self Driven individual with high level of motivation
- BA/BS degree in Finance, Business, or Economics (or a related discipline) is required.
- 5 - 7 years corporate finance, investment banking, or corporate development experience preferred
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.