AVP, Advisor Sourcing & Selection (Indp. Advisor Institute)Apply Job ID: R-007198 Date posted: 07/10/2019 Primary Location CA-San Diego
The purpose of the Independent Advisor Institute is to create a world-class new-to-the-industry program to welcome new advisors into the financial services industry. Partnering with our existing independent advisors looking to grow their practice, we will help source new advisors, prepare them to pass the licensing exams, and develop them into productive members of their local firm. Our vision is to welcome 200-plus new advisors a year.
The IAI program is looking for an experienced and motivated person to run our Sourcing & Selection strategy. This role will focus on driving the number of qualified candidates who want to become brand new advisors. In this role, you will build and oversee all aspects of our new advisor talent acquisition strategy. Who makes the best candidates for new advisors? Where do we find them? How do we attract them? What’s the best way to interview them? These are all some of the questions waiting for your input. As a decentralized national program, your challenge will be find an efficient and effective way to source, screen, and match them with an opening somewhere around the country. This position must possess considerable skills in interviewing techniques, sourcing techniques, knowledge and understanding of internal/external resources.
This role will also help support and drive our selection process of experienced advisors who participate in the program. With over 16,000 independent financial advisors across the country who want to grow, the IAI program is very popular, but still relatively unknown. You will be required to create a marketing & promotional plan to ensure all stakeholders (internal & external) know the details of the program, increase their desire to participate, and drive the process of engagement. In doing so, you will help refine our selection process for which experienced financial advisors participate in the program each year.
We are a team of bright hardworking people, willing to roll up our sleeves and take on new challenges. We expect you will as well. The benefits of being a small start-up program within a large established company provide you the benefits of both situations. In return for your hard work, you will have the opportunity to help impact an industry in need of the next generation and work for one of the most exciting programs in the organization!
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, or equivalent
- Experience in recruiting.
- Proven success delivering recruiting results autonomously in a fast-paced, demanding, high growth environment
- Direct candidate sourcing expertise utilizing a range of methods and approaches.
- The ability to build trust and credibility with both candidates and managers/mentors.
- Must possess a “consultative instinct” and a passion for recruiting.
- The ability to design and implement effective recruitment/staffing strategies.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to influence, engage and partner closely with various stakeholders across all levels of the business
- Enjoys sharing knowledge, mentoring and providing guidance through formal and informal training
- Outstanding analytical, project management, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills
- Collaborative and willing to get your hands dirty
- Experience working in financial services preferred
- Ability to manage multiple initiatives at once in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Strong team work and interpersonal skills, and ability to collaborate
- A positive attitude and a sense of humor
- Create and manage relationships necessary to drive candidate applications.
- Uses a variety of sourcing tools and techniques (job boards, internal database, LinkedIn, Boolean, referrals) to connect with top talent in the local market territory.
- Screen and interview qualified candidates.
- Communicate effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Will be responsible for advising, giving counsel, guiding, and negotiating with others.
- Will be responsible for effectively and tactfully addressing any concerns.
- Create and execute marketing / awareness campaign to educate key stakeholders about the program
- Willingness to participate in special projects related to new employee onboarding, recruiting systems recommendations, and marketing initiatives.
- Collaborate with HR Operations and IAI Program team to conduct Sourcing & Selection analysis, track metrics, create reports, and ensure candidates have a smooth transition into the IAI Program.
- Performs other duties as assigned or required.
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.