AVP Advisory PlatformsApply Job ID: R-014862 Date posted: 05/11/2021 Primary Location CA-San Diego Other Locations SC-Fort Mill
The Advisory Platforms team within LPL’s Investor & Investment Solutions (IIS) group is responsible for delivering a highly competitive set of advisory programs. This includes the platform and product offering, revenue/pricing economics, advisor/client access to solutions, and operational activities. The team’s goal from an investment product management perspective is to enhance our advisors’ and investors’ experience while helping to improve our firm’s economic and risk profiles.
The Assistant Vice President will be responsible for leading and executing our advisory platforms day-to-day product management, in addition to driving large initiatives to increase adoption including technology improvements. This position requires strong analytical skills, the ability to manage multiple bodies of rapidly evolving work simultaneously, and demonstrate the ability to creatively define and execute plans to solve highly complex matters. A successful candidate will demonstrate strategic and creative thinking skills, a strong ability to turn analytics into compelling insights, and be capable of concise oral and written communication.
This position will have the opportunity to partner with cross-functional stakeholders and executives across in the firm to:
- Using matrix management skills, take a problem, identify and recruit partners in relevant areas of the firm to prioritize, and implement solutions in a timely fashion
- Provide thought-leadership analysis to frame and plan enhancements to the advisory experience
- Prioritize product features and guide development solutions to achieve the key short-term and long-term goals indicated in the overall product strategy (e.g. partnering with technology in agile development)
- Leading the implementation of new offerings through participation in and evaluation of prototypes and pilots
- Generate economic revenue scenarios to remain competitive in the marketplace and improve advisory platform adoption
- Leverage the organization to develop and execute detailed, tactical plans to enhance the advisory experience
- Working closely with cross-functional team to develop feature set priorities to execute and achieve the overall strategic program vision
- Synthesize internal and industry data into themes and patterns to provide insights and data-driven recommendations
- Building cross-functional relationships to establish a collaborative environment at all levels of the organization to create a more collaborative team
- Achieve alignment by communicating decisions and outcomes to various levels throughout the organization
- Creating presentations for senior members of the organization
- Complete ad-hoc assignments that assist in development and implementation of strategies and new processes
- Providing research, analysis, project management and project support on a variety of strategic initiatives
- Strong communication skills, both written and oral, with the ability to present materials to the highest levels in the organization, and the ability to frame complex issues
- Strong analytical skills with a demonstrated ability to evaluate business opportunities within the context of a larger organization and its objectives
- Passion for driving the Advisor and Investor experience and ability to persuade others to share this vision, collaborate and execute.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field; MBA or other advanced degree preferred
- 4-7+ years of experience in product management related roles with a broker dealer, RIA, investment or financial services firm
- Experience in authoring, reviewing and managing Business Requirements Documents and other critical documents in the SDLC process
- Working knowledge of components relevant to LPL’s product suite (Advisory, Brokerage, Mutual Funds, ETFs, Annuities, UITs, Alt Invs, SMAs, etc.)
- Working knowledge of components relevant to an advisor’s practice management needs (Assets, Revenue, Sales, Trends, Client Segmentation)
- Entrepreneurial perspective, self-starter, ability to work with minimal supervision
- Exceptional problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Project management / multi-tasking skills across different projects
- Results oriented and outcome based
- Background in client-facing experience, financial services, scrum master, and/or R&D a plus
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.