AVP, Associate CounselApply Job ID: R-004082 Date posted: 08/08/2018 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations CA-San Diego
LPL Financial is seeking an Assistant Vice President, Associate Counsel to support a newly created e Discovery Center.
- Work with SVP to develop new firm-wide eDiscovery Center.
- Develop eDiscovery protocols and policy across litigation, compliance, and regulatory teams.
- Create organizational structure for team of eDiscovery professionals by creating clear roles and responsibilities and consistent and efficient processes and procedures for the preservation, collection, extraction, processing, hosting, review, and production of data.
- Advise and coordinate eDiscovery strategy for litigation, internal reviews, regulatory enforcement actions and inquiries.
- Provide technical advice to in-house and outside counsel on processing specifications and technical decisions related to production.
- Manage eDiscovery vendors and track quality, substantive metrics, and cost.
- Provide legal guidance, strategic advice, and budgeting consultations to in-house and outside counsel on eDiscovery issues.
- Serve as liaison between Technology and the Legal team on eDiscovery issues, especially as related to new systems proposed by Technology and how new systems might impact the preservation and extraction of data required for legal, compliance, and regulatory concerns.
- Serve as liaison between other business units and the Legal team on eDiscovery issues.
- Ensure constant self-motivated education on trends in eDiscovery case law and technology advances.
Requisite Experience and Expectations:
- J.D. with Bar admission and 5+years’ relevant legal experience, with a focused emphasis on eDiscovery issues;
- Experience with entire life of litigation preferred, from case inception through trial;
- Experience with regulatory productions preferred;
- Proven project management experience;
- Experience with meet and confer sessions;
- Experience with in-court discovery motion practice a significant plus;
- Demonstrable experience with eDiscovery technology, including technical know-how on TAR 2.0;
- Demonstrable ability to explain technical aspects of processing, forensic collections, and form of production issues, and consequences of agreements regarding same, to lay persons;
- Demonstrable ability to be an effective liaison between practice groups and departments, a team leader, a team player;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, communication skills, research skills and management capabilities;
- Position to be located in either Fort Mill, SC or San Diego, CA – successful candidate will need to be committed to obtaining appropriate license to practice, as needed;
- Willingness to travel.
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.