AVP BPM DeveloperApply Job ID: R-006516 Date posted: 04/25/2019 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations CA-San Diego
We are looking to hire a AVP Development lead, Business Process Management (BPM) in the Technology organization. A successful candidate will have strong analytical, technical and communication skills and experience with BPM technologies of various types. This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of a growing financial company, and to help develop and shape the initiatives and strategy of a growing Information Security team. Under the direction of the Application Development Manager, this position will help solution business requirements and technology directions to support Product Roadmaps and LPL vision. This position will involve collaboration with business partners, Architects, Quality Assurance, Release Management, and the Change Control board to plan, design, develop and implement solutions for these needs.
The candidate should be capable of designing and developing timely, high quality products, with state of the art interfaces to best solution these needs, and have the drive to ensure that the vision and success criteria are met within budget and schedule constraints.
- Design and develop scalable enterprise class applications with expertise in services orientated architecture integration
- Solution new BPM/Workflow initiatives for the Technology Product Development department
- Participate in the Architecture Review Board to serve as BPM/Workflow voice in governance of the System / Software Development Process (SDLC), as it relates to BPM design and solutions
- Develop BPM/Workflow enterprise reference artifacts (e.g., patterns, blueprints, roadmaps, etc.)
- Provide input into vision and strategy for the BPM/Workflow team and the role of BPM/Workflow solutions
- Manage technical documentation library and contribute to the roadmap for BPM/Workflow solutions
- Participate in all phases of the software engineering life cycle
- Provide technical troubleshooting and advanced de-bug support
- Evaluate new design proposals, investigate and recommend solutions and process improvements that deliver applications with high scalability and performance
- Assist with conceptual design and rough order of magnitude (ROM) level of effort estimations
- Ensure the necessary platform technical documentation is maintained in an appropriate manner
- Assist code deployment
- BS or advanced degree in Computer Science, IT or related field
- 8+ years’ experience with product development and architecture of software, applications and services in a Tech lead role
- Ability to perform technical analysis, design and identify impacts (functional/technical).
- 6+ years of experience in BPM tool: (IBM BPM, Pega or Appway, jBPM, etc)
- Experience in Appway is a plus.
- Sound knowledge in BPM implementation approach, architecture, SOA , process design.
- Experience in gathering BPM requirements and prepare Process Design frame work.
- Web development experience in J2EE will be a plus.
- Experience in BPEL flows, Mediation and Assembly modules.
- Experience in work flows, BO maps, XSLT transformations, XPATH and BPM technologies.
- Experience in creating service interfaces and schemas (WSDLs & XSDs).
- Experience in Web Services testing, Soap UI.
- Experience in BRMS tool is a plus
- Understanding BAM and ODM is desirable.
- Understanding of XML, XSD.
- Good understanding of software development life cycle and Agile/Iterative methodology.
- Prior experience in offshore-onshore development/maintenance projects.
- Experience with financial domain knowledge is a plus
- Knowledge of security methods and best practices for web services and APIs
- Advanced skills of test driven development
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to facilitate, influence and manage change to deliver solutions
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.