AVP BPM DeveloperApply Job ID: R-006516 Date posted: 11/12/2019 Primary Location SC-Fort Mill Other Locations CA-San Diego
LPL Financial is looking to hire a AVP Development lead, BPM Tech lead. A successful candidate will have strong analytical, technical and communication skills and experience with BPM technologies, UI development and middleware technology. This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of a growing financial company, and to help develop and shape the initiatives and strategy of a growing Information Security team. Under the direction of the Application Development Manager, this position will help solution business requirements and technology directions to support Product Roadmaps and LPL vision. This position will involve collaboration with business partners, Architects, Quality Assurance, Release Management, and the Change Control board to plan, design, develop and implement solutions for these needs.
The candidate should be capable of designing and developing timely, high quality products, with state of the art interfaces to best solution these needs, and have the drive to ensure that the vision and success criteria are met within budget and schedule constraints.
- Design and develop scalable enterprise class applications with expertise in services orientated architecture integration
- Solution new BPM/Workflow initiatives for the Technology Product Development department
- Participate in the Architecture Review Board to serve as BPM/Workflow voice in governance of the System / Software Development Process (SDLC), as it relates to BPM design and solutions
- Develop BPM/Workflow enterprise reference artifacts (e.g., patterns, blueprints, roadmaps, etc.)
- Provide input into vision and strategy for the BPM/Workflow team and the role of BPM/Workflow solutions
- Manage technical documentation library and contribute to the roadmap for BPM/Workflow solutions
- Evaluate new design proposals, investigate and recommend solutions and process improvements that deliver applications with high scalability and performance
- Require very little or no handholding and can drive/lead a medium to large Team - onshore and/or offshore as necessary.
- Ensure the necessary platform technical documentation is maintained in an appropriate manner
- Assist code deployment Design, develop, test, tune and implement n-tiered web-based applications
- Collaborate with other Development teams, Enterprise Architecture and Support teams to design, develop, test and maintain the various platforms and their integration with other systems.
- Assess opportunities for application and process improvements and prepare documentation outlining platform road map.
- Maintain, troubleshoot, optimize and enhance existing systems.
- Work collaboratively with QA, DevOPS teams to adopt CI/CD tool chain and develop automation
- Communicate with technical and non-technical groups on a regular basis as part of product/project support.
- Design and develop core services and components with expertise in service-oriented architecture.
- Design patterns and coding best practices
- Provide technical troubleshooting and advanced de-bug support.
- Participate in release and also perform production support activities on Tier 2 support
- BS or advanced degree in Computer Science, IT or related field
- 8+ years’ experience in Senior developer/ Tech lead role in designing and implementing complex systems, including developing solutions from scratch.
- 4+ years of experience in BPM tool: (IBM BPM, Pega or Appway, jBPM, etc)
- Development experience using MULE ESP, Anypoint Platform, API Manager and RAML
- Excellent development experience with REST,SOAP based services
- Ability to perform technical analysis, design and identify impacts (functional/technical).
- Sound knowledge in BPM implementation approach, architecture, SOA , process design. BPEL flows, Mediation and Assembly modules.
- Experience in work flows, BO maps, XSLT transformations, XPATH and BPM technologies.
- Experience in creating service interfaces and schemas (WSDLs & XSDs).
- Knowledge of security methods and best practices for web services and APIs
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, both oral and written
- Ability to facilitate, influence and manage change to deliver solutions
- Developer experience designing web/service oriented applications using Mulesoft, angular, C#, .NET or Java
- Excellent understanding of SOA principles and design patterns
- Excellent understanding of system integration. Great track record of implementing the distributed systems with legacy and modern technical tools.
- Excellent knowledge in about pub/sub messaging technologies and patterns
- Excellent knowledge in caching and exception handling
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, both technical and non-technical.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Motivated and driven by achieving long-term business outcomes.
- Prior experience in offshore-onshore development/maintenance projects.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Capable of effectively planning, prioritizing and executing tasks utilizing resources and tools
- Experience working with any BPM tool: (IBM BPM, Pega or Appway, jBPM, etc)
- Experience working on client scripting tools like Angular JS, Type Script, jQuery, RxJs is a plus
- Experience working with Microsoft or Java Technologies like C# or Java.
- Experience working with exception handling, caching (Solr or others) and Pub/sub (EMS, ActiveMQ or others)
- Experience working with source control tools like TFS, GIT etc.
- Experience in writing unit tests using any of these technologies VS Tests, Nunit, Junit, Munit, Jasmin/Karma
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.