AVP, Business Analysis & ReportingApply Job ID: R-008388 Date posted: 01/03/2020 Primary Location CA-San Diego
The Assistant Vice President of Business Analysis & Reporting is responsible for the development and oversight of processes, tools and resources that drive efficiency across a variety of roles within Business Development. This individual will gather and use data insights to help drive related business decisions within Business Development at all levels. The right candidate will be adept at answering business questions with data, developing complex modeling that serves business needs, and driving organizational changes using carefully derived methodology.
Strong communication, analytical, strategic thinking and problem-solving skills are needed, along with the ability to be flexible, effectively prioritize and multi-task. The ability to work within a team, take initiative and show strong attention to detail is also a requirement.
Job Description and Responsibilities Include But Are Not Limited To:
- Develop, manage and improve sales reporting; provide expert level consulting to identify and support Business Development’s reporting and data needs. Develop, own and optimize Business Development reports (e.g. Scorecards, Dashboards, etc.) to drive meaningful business results
- Lead the interpretation of data to identify significant differences, relationships, and trends in data
- Identify key data sources—extract data from various databases including Salesforce.com and Discoveryco.com, ensuring the right data points are being used. Understand the different sources and how their data can be used for different applications, including campaigns, recruiter activity, and performance management
- Manipulate and analyze large datasets using features of multiple tools
- Advance the use of complex analytical techniques and statistical thinking across Business Development
- Serve as an active participant on cross-functional project teams and provide guidance and training to teams in asking appropriate questions, interpreting data, and translating that data into action
- Summarize written findings, publicize results, and participate and share with senior leadership as appropriate
- Work with the sales enablement function to develop goals and objectives for sales effectiveness initiatives
- Work with human capital and compensation administration to manage business unit level sales compensation plan work
- Act as a liaison to finance , human capital, product management and other key business partners
The ideal candidate will possess:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Economics, Finance or similar preferred
- Advanced to expert level skills with Excel, PowerPoint and Tableau
- Problem solving skills that enable efficient identification of issues, structuring and execution of analysis, development of actionable recommendations and implantation of those recommendations
- Demonstrated financial modeling experience
- Ability to present complex information in a clear and concise way; strong analytical skills coupled with strong verbal and written communication
- Ability to manage multiple initiatives at once in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Grace under pressure, comfort with ambiguity and a sense of humor
- Sales analysis experience strongly preferred
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.