AVP, Business ConsultingApply Job ID: R-016604 Date posted: 08/11/2021 Primary Location CA-San Diego
Assistant Vice President, Team Manager - Advisor Relations – IAS Relationship Management
Location: San Diego
Reports to: Senior Vice President, Advisor Relations
Team: Relationship Management
Division: Care Organization
The Assistant Vice President, Team Manager will be responsible for the Advisor Relations Team within the Independent Advisor Services Relationship Management group of the Care Organization. This leader strives to build a culture of high performing and always prepared team members whose primary functions are acting as the main connection to LPL for over 7,500 advisors. The Advisor Relations team core areas of responsibilities include serving as advocates for advisors and branch offices at LPL, ensuring high levels of firm satisfaction and client retention through ease of doing business across all departments of LPL, and creating awareness of LPL’s services and solutions that drive client success. The AVP Advisor Relations Team Manager is responsible for department outcomes through LPL’s OKR (Objectives and Key Results) model, and acts as a key member of the Relationship Management organization.
- Manage attrition risk and retention cases within division of advisors and branch offices
- Engaging in high-level strategic discussions with both advisors and executive team members
- Understand, utilize and stay current with industry best practices, financial markets, the regulatory environment and competitive landscape to optimize support to clients
- Hiring, retaining and career development of a team of Advisor Relations Managers that deliver on the departments primary objectives
- Goal setting, monitoring work and evaluating results to ensure that team and department objectives are met and in line with the needs of the organization’s mission
- Work collaboratively with leadership teams across the firm to drive success and referrals of LPL’s services and solutions to support client business plans and growth objectives
- Work closely with Transition Partners in Business Development, Service, and Learning & Development Organizations to ensure a seamless transition and acclimation for new-to-LPL advisors, preparing them for long term relationship management support
- Develop team to deliver superior complex case resolution, creative resolution of new advisor opportunities and management of escalations and exception requests for division of advisors and branch offices
- Examine trends and develop insights in order to better support the advisor segment
- Identify opportunities and create programs to increase client satisfaction and retention
- Participate or Lead project management, initiatives and programs, to support advisor experience and success
- Create and present content for various business sessions during conferences or other meetings
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Finance, Business or Economics or related field or equivalent combined education or work related experience
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in financial services preferably in a management role and in sales and/or client service/relationship management team
- Series 7 and 63 required
- Extensive knowledge of client segment, organization, product, industry and end customer
- Demonstrated knowledge of LPL platform, products and services
- Ability to effectively analyze situations, applying solutions to achieve resolution
- Ability to identify and balance the needs of multiple stakeholders
- Project management experience preferred
- 20% travel required
- Flexible and adaptable to change
- Proven people management track record
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to deliver compelling presentations to influence key stakeholders and drive outcomes
- Culturally sensitive and team oriented with outstanding influencing skills
- Expert level proficiency with the Microsoft Office product suite: Excel, PowerPoint required
- Proficiency in utilization of Salesforce CRM
- Client centric mindset and commitment to identifying opportunities to continually improve the end to end client experience
- Reliable self-starter, with a collaborative mindset and ability to build strong relationships across the organization.
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.