AVP Business ConsultingApply Job ID: R-002651 Date posted: 04/09/2018 Primary Location CA-San Diego
Reporting to the SVP of Large Enterprise Business Consulting, the AVP will play a critical role on our Consulting Solutions team within our Business Consulting department, which is a department responsible for client growth, retention and profitability. The AVP will help plan, execute and measure the success of our key RIA consulting and related programs, as well as manage the existing solutions team members. This highly visible role will provide the candidate with an exceptionally broad view of LPL’s business and serve as critical support for senior management.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Providing critical business management, analytics and insight support to the EVP and SVPs of IAS Business Consulting
- Enhancing our client retention, growth and profitability by leading the development and delivery of consulting tools related to RIA
- Increasing the skill and competencies of our Business Consultants through planning and execution of our ongoing RIA consulting plan
- Improving client experience related to RIA consulting outcomes (ex., Hybrid to Corporate conversions, or in kind conversions) by working with key departments in LPL who participate in the execution/implementation process
- Increase the effectiveness of our business consulting efforts around RIA by working directly with sales support teams in the creation of sales or educational materials used throughout the consultative sales process
- Augment the management reporting and key performance indicators (KPIs) used to monitor the success of our consulting engagements through oversight of and enhancements to our Client Relationship Management (CRM) software and other management tools
- Create combined, actionable reporting views with regular cadence that will be delivered to the management team, including LPL’s Management Committee, related to the health of the business (specific to RIA strategy), key trends, insights and recommendations/solutions
- Proven ability to independently plan, organize, prioritize, and execute multiple work streams concurrently in a fast-paced environment to deliver outstanding “CEO ready” results
- A client-centric mind-set and commitment to identifying opportunities to continually improve the client experience, while balancing LPL resource requirements and profitability
- Exceptional data management skills, including experience with the following:
- Navigating a complex data environment
- Identifying, extracting, integrating and working with data from multiple systems
- Using a thorough, detailed approach to ensure the highest level of data accuracy
- Leadership experience, strong teamwork and experience collaborating with individuals across lines of business, functional areas, and different levels of an organization
- Action orientation, willingness to take the initiative
- A commitment to constant self-improvement and a willingness to be coached
- Grace under pressure and a positive attitude
- Sharp strategic and analytical thinking skills along with intellectual curiosity
- Strong communication skills (oral and written)
- Ability to find creative solutions for project and data challenges
- Proficiency with the Microsoft Office product suite: Excel - expert, PowerPoint - expert, Word - intermediate
- High general business acumen
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 3,700 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees.
We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships.
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please login or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2017, based on total revenue.