AVP, Business Development OfficerApply Job ID: R-011303 Date posted: 09/17/2020 Primary Location CA-San Diego
The role of the Business Development Officer is responsible for recruiting Financial Advisors to the LPL Financial Platform. The Business Development Officer will work with internal associates to source new leads, work with existing leads to move them through the pipeline, and manage relationships with LPL recruiting branches.
- Meet with advisors face-face in the territory – 60% travel required.
- Leverage technology to develop a consistent marketing plan.
- Heavy use of technology to manage the pipeline.
- Concisely articulate the value proposition of LPL and the recruiting branches. Attend Home Office Visits.
- Lead a team with an internal recruiter.
- Manage relationships with third party recruiting firms.
- Drive out sized capture of advisor churn
- Bachelor’s degree required, and advanced industry certification preferred (CFP, MBA).
- 5+ years in outside sales, preferably in Financial Services Business Development or Wholesaling.
- Experience working for a broker dealer, wirehouse, and/or custodian.
- Track record of success in sales. Other requirements/preferences:
- Strong understanding and passion for the financial industry and financial planning process overall
- Effective prospecting skills
- Enthusiastic, polished professional demeanor
- Superior communication skills
- Superior relationship building skills
- Series 7, 63/65 or 66 preferred
About LPL Financial:
LPL Financial is a leader in the retail financial advice market and the nation’s largest independent broker/dealer*. We serve independent financial advisors and financial institutions, providing them with the technology, research, clearing and compliance services, and practice management programs they need to create and grow thriving practices. LPL enables them to provide objective guidance to millions of American families seeking wealth management, retirement planning, financial planning and asset management solutions. LPL and its affiliates have more than 4,200 employees with primary offices in Boston, Charlotte, and San Diego.
*As reported by Financial Planning magazine, June 1996-2019, based on total revenue. Our Culture:
If you join LPL, you will join a culture that believes in delivering a world-class client experience and looks to all employees to contribute to that goal by sharing their creativity, experience, and passion for continuous improvement. As a destination of choice, our top priorities are growth and development, social responsibility, and financial health for our employees. We offer competitive compensation and industry leading benefits, including a wellness facility with onsite fitness classes, healthy meal choices, and a walk-in clinic. We support employee financial health through a 401k match, ESPP, and employee discounts. Work/life balance is our foundation and is supported through paid holidays, and paid time off (including time to volunteer). We foster a diverse work environment through Employee Resource Groups and diverse strategic partnerships. Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities.
Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lpl.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.