AVP, Business Development
The AVP Business Development will be an important part of our innovative, entrepreneurial, high-performing Business Development organization that is leading the evolution of LPL’s go-to-market strategy.
Our AVP will be responsible for evaluating a pipeline of high value advisor prospects and developing customized win strategies for each one. This will entail:
- Reviewing tear sheets with information on prospect client companies including revenue, management team, market share, contribution to book, etc. Work closely with the Prospect Analyst, relationship managers, and VP BD Strategist to augment the tear sheet with relevant anecdotal and qualitative support
- Maintain pipeline of deals, keep it up to date and provide requisite visibility to colleagues
- Structure and sequence your outreach to, and engagement with, high value prospects in lock step with your VP, SVP, EVP and others throughout the BD and Corp Dev teams
- Support finance corp dev team with deal model inputs
- Research value proposition of prospects / targets / competitors
- Be, and stay, very well versed in the industry landscape of wealth management and financial advisors; with particular interest in new entrants and relevant, recent shifts
- Draft term sheets with input from BD, corp dev, and legal leaders
- Run point on deal proposals, including draft, defending, obtaining approval, and delivering to prospect
What are we looking for?
We want strong collaborators who can deliver a world-class client experience. We are looking for people who thrive in a fast-paced environment, are client-focused, team oriented, and are able to execute in a way that encourages creativity and continuous improvement.
We know the confidence gap, parental pause, and imposter syndrome can get in the way of meeting spectacular candidates, so please don’t hesitate to apply — we want to hear from you.
- Minimum 4 years of experience working with B2B company deals; sales, business development, m&a, private equity, venture capital, SMB portfolio management, etc
- Superior analytical skills with an ability to identify relevant data, evaluate business opportunities within the context of a larger organization and present findings in a clear and actionable manner
- Team-player with a positive can-do attitude, with an ability to both contribute as an individual and develop a motivated, high performing team of employees.
- Adept with power point
- Adept with excel
- Adept with salesforce
- Ability to travel as needed (approx. 20% of time).
At LPL, we believe that objective financial guidance is a fundamental need for everyone. As the nation’s leading independent broker-dealer, we offer an integrated platform of proprietary technology, brokerage, and investment advisor services. We provide you with a work environment that encourages your creativity and growth, a leadership team that is supportive and responsive, and the opportunity to create a career that has no limits, only amazing potential.
We are one team on one mission. We take care of our advisors, so they can take care of their clients.
Because our company is not too big and not too small, you can seize the opportunity to make a real impact. We are committed to supporting workplace equality, and we embrace the different perspectives and backgrounds of our employees.We also care for our communities, and we encourage our employees to do the same. This creates an environment in which you can do your best work.
Want to hear from our employees on what it’s like to work at LPL? Watch this!
We take social responsibility seriously. Learn more here
Want to see info on our benefits? Learn more here
Join the LPL team and help us make a difference by turning life’s aspirations into financial realities. Please log in or create an account to apply to this position. Principals only. EOE.
Information on Interviews:
LPL will only communicate with a job applicant directly from an @lplfinancial.com email address and will never conduct an interview online or in a chatroom forum. During an interview, LPL will not request any form of payment from the applicant, or information regarding an applicant’s bank or credit card. Should you have any questions regarding the application process, please contact LPL’s Human Resources Solutions Center at (800) 877-7210.